Good Morning Primary 5. I hope you all had a lovely May Weekend. This week is a bit different, we are going to be using Microsoft Teams for our learning and work for the first time. On the School Website you can access videos to show you how to and download the App onto your desktop. Please have a look at these.
- Familiarise yourself with the Microsoft Teams. Download the app on your computer or IPad and login using your glow details.
- Please leave me a message to say ‘Hi’ so I know you are able to login then navigate about the app to familiarise yourself.
- Have a look at the FILES folder this is where work will be posted
- This week is STEM week so below you will see a list with different activities. Each day this week, choose an activity from the to complete.
- You can take pictures, complete written work and upload to either Twitter or our Teams. There is a folder in class materials where our photos and uploaded pupil work can be put.
Have fun and enjoy the activities! I look forward to seeing all you responses and work.
Starbucks and Costa are trying to create the best Spring/Summer smoothie. Choose the company you want to work for and create your own delicious smoothie that they’ll want to sell in their stores. If you have things in your house make the smoothie if not draw and create it on paper and label it.
Make some pizza toast. All you need is bread, cheese, tomato puree and the ingredients you’d like to put on your pizza.
Float or sink experiment! Using items within your house, approved by an adult, predict which ones will float and which will sink. Give reasons for your answers. What do you notice about the items that sink and float?
Get coding on the Tynker website. Click play and choose your coding level. You can create games, skins, animations and more!
| SYMMETRY PHOTO SHOOT
Take photos of symmetry in the environment around you. It could nature, or man made. How many lines of symmetry does each photo have? Can you find something with more than ¾ lines of symmetry.
|CREATE AND MAKE
What can you create from an empty cereal box?
| DEN MAKING
Can you find things in your house to make your own DEN? If it is a nice day this can be done outside too?
| SUPER SCIENCE
Use the url: bbc bitesize (Science)
On the website there are different aspects of Science that you can learn about. Choose some to watch and complete some activities or make a fact file about what you learned.
Have a great day