Please click on the below link to download the latest copy of the Chryston High School Calendar for 2016-17. Parent consultation evenings, school trips and report dates can all be found here as well as other key events from across the year.
New College Lanarkshire would like to invite parents of senior pupils to a ‘Have a Go’ evening at our Motherwell Campus on Wednesday 28th September from 5.30pm-8pm.
This event is your opportunity to sample what courses New College Lanarkshire has to offer and will allow you to help advise your child on their next steps.
This will be a relaxed and enjoyable evening and a buffet is provided.
All 6 schools in the Chryston Cluster; Auchinloch Primary, Chryston High, Chryston Primary, Gartcosh Primary, Glenmanor Primary and Stepps Primary have planned a Health and Wellbeing information event on the evening of 9th March.
The event will be held in Chryston High School and will start at 7.00pm and is open to parents from all Primaries as well as parents from S1 to S3.
The evening is a chance for you as parents to talk to some of our invited guests who will be able to tell you more about aspects of the Health and Wellbeing Curriculum and how this will impact on your child. In particular you will be able to see resources used to support Relationships Sexual Health and Parenthood education and hear from Susi Cornwell to supported schools across North and South Lanarkshire to introduce this curriculum.
You will also be able to see and speak to professionals about:
• NSPCC/ChildLine- How we can support our children
• NLC Catering – who will have lunch and menu information
• Active Schools – who will be able to talk through after schools sports and sports activities for schools
• Cook NL/Focus on Food – more information on the Food and Health element of Curriculum for Excellence
• Information on online safety and how to keep your child safe in this ever changing environment
• HEALTHY – Learn more about this approach being developed for the Health and Wellbeing Curriculum
• RSHP – The relationships, sexual health and parenthood information, leaflets and resources used in school.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about this area of the curriculum and ask the questions that you may have.
A new online payment system is to be introduced in schools across North Lanarkshire, making life easier for parents, pupils and school staff alike.
Please click on the link below for a copy of a letter that went out to all pupils on March 2nd. It details the school’s safety concerns regarding driving in the school grounds at the beginning and at the end of day.