PICNIC IN THE PARK 2017
This Friday 29th of September sees all of our S1 pupils head to Drumpelier Country Park to participate in our annual interdisciplinary event Picnic in the Park.
- ALL EV5 PERMISSION SLIPS NEED TO BE RETURNED TO THE PE DEPT TO ATTEND
- PLEASE COME PREPARED FOR WET WEATHER
- PLEASE ENSURE SUITABLE FOOTWEAR IS WORN FOR COUNTRY PARK TERRAIN
- PLEASE COME PREPARED FOR CLASSES IN SCHOOL IN THE AFTERNOON
- WE WILL BE RETURNING DURING LUNCHTIME SO A PACKED LUNCH AND ADDITIONAL WATER IS ADVISED
Pupils have been working in PE lessons to develop their cardio respiratory endurance, navigate between controls on a map and judge their running pace between controls. In Home Economics the S1’s have been learning how to fuel their bodies before sport and replenish energy stores after the competition. Each pupil has prepared food for themselves to eat before and after the event. In Geography, the pupils have been learning how to read a map and use the features of the map to get to the controls in the safest and fastest route.
All of our S1’s are excited to compete in one of our 3 challenging courses. Photos will be published after the event. However, you can follow some of the action on the day via the PE Dept twitter feed at @chrystonpe
E-Portfolio tag: Health and wellbeing