Monthly Treat – September 2015

We had great fun last Thursday afternoon during our monthly treat time. It was fabulous to see all taking part and we enjoyed pushing ourselves during the challenges set for us.

We had to build a house of cards, catch as many coins as possible from our elbows, find how many spoons we could balance from different parts of our body and build a bridge using pasta and marshmallows.

Antoni and Ashton were amazing at catching coins, they both caught 19 in one shot! I wonder if you can challenge any of your family on any of these things.

A Democratic Society

What a great afternoon of learning today in primary 6! Our pupils were so animated and enthusiastic whilst learning about the Scottish government, political parties and creating a timeline of our first ministers, that my voice was hoarse from answering all of their questions by 3 o’clock! It’s great to have such a positive response to a lesson.

Now, your challenge for 10 Housepoints and 2 pebbles is to name the person who is widely considered to have been the first Prime Minister of Britain.

For an extra 10 Housepoints I would like you to tell me something new that you have learned so far about our topic.

Lets build those Housepoints primary 6, I will publish your answers on Friday morning.