Our Parent Council
The Parent Council is composed of parents, staff and co-opted members with the Head Teacher as professional advisor.
The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
- (a) supporting the work of the school;
- (b) representing the views of parents;
- (c) consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest;
- (d) promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the wider community;
- (e) fundraising;
- (f) taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff
- (g) receiving reports from the head teacher and education authority and
- (h) receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
- (i) Improving home/school partnership and facilitating parental involvement.
Members of Parent Councils, on a voluntary basis, may also have an advisory role in decisions on placing requests by parents in respect of those situations where the number of placing requests for a particular school exceeds the number of places available.
The Parent council also take on the task of fundraising for the school. All events are well supported by parents, children and members of the local community.
There is a Parent Council in Baird Memorial Primary School at this present time. The Head Teacher has a right and duty to attend all meetings of the Parent Council. Meetings of the Parent Council are open to members of the public. The Parent Council meets in school on the first Monday of the month, beginning at 7pm. All parents are welcome.
Currently the members are:
Alix Stewart Chairperson
Angela Smith Vice Chair
Stephen Ogilvie Treasurer
Carolan Burnet Minute Secretary
Councillor Allan Graham