In Baird Memorial we aim to help:
- to develop a sense of responsibility for their own learning
- to provide opportunities for additional learning time
- to improve pupil self confidence and motivation
- to develop the formation of study skills
- to manage their time
- to provide opportunities to share in their child’s learning
- to show an interest in their child’s education
- to be involved with opportunities to share and encourage their child’s progress
Homework should include a variety of tasks that underpin the values and principles of A Curriculum for Excellence and extend work done in class. A Curriculum for Excellence proposes that learning experiences encourage children to be successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
With this intention in mind, Baird Memorial believes home, the community, the environment and the media all provide information and examples, which can be used to enrich work introduced in school.
A variety of homework activities should be given:
- reinforcement of class work
- research topics/investigations
- preparation for class work
- activities related to Personal & Social Development
- preparation for a presentation
- Researching current affairs
Homework tasks for all classes will be given out on a Monday and should be returned on a Friday. We ask that you check and sign your child’s homework. If you have any problems or concerns regarding homework tasks, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher.