Primary 6 had a very insightful visit from P.C. Kenny Blake, Community Police Officer, on Tuesday 27th September. He spoke to the class about staying safe online and what to do in the event of not-feeling-safe.
- Keep your profile Private. This can be done by amending your settings.
- Only talk to people you know and trust.
- If you feel unhappy tell an adult.
- Close down the connection immediately.
- Only post sensible pictures.
- Never disclose personal information.
- If you are on a police monitored site, press the ‘Report Abuse’ button.
All kind of communication apps can be dangerous but monitored apps are safer.
Apps that are not monitored :-
just to name a few…. There are many more out there!
Enjoy using the internet but please do it safely!