St. Gerard's Primary

Primary 1/2 Activities

Homework – Week Beginning 14th December 2020

Hello boys and girls. Welcome to your last week of homework this year. Homework will be quite different this week. I would like you to continue reading your book every night and I have also uploaded a Christmas Homework Grid that I would like you to try and choose at least 2 tasks from for the week.

I hope you have a lovely week. If there are any problems please let me know.

Have Fun!

Mrs Ditty 🙂

Christmas Homework Grid – Christmas Homework Grid

Homework – Week Beginning 7th December 2020

Hello Boys and Girls. I hope you have a lovely week. We have our Christmas party to look forward to on Tuesday and I have heard that there might be a special visitor on the day. :). Please come to school dressed in your Christmas party outfit. You could even wear your lovely Christmas jumpers.

Good Luck with your homework. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Mrs Ditty 🙂

Homework Grid – Homework Grid 7th December 2020

Crabs  – Crabs – Common Word Match Crabs – Initial Sound Match

Jellyfish – Jellyfish – Common Word Colour Jellyfish – Common Word Jumble

Maths 

All – Six Geese Laying

Good Luck!

Homework – Week Beginning 30th November 2020

Hello Boys and Girls. I hope you have a lovely week. We have so much to look forward to this week. Below is a little list of reminders of things that are happening in school,

Wednesday 2nd December – Christmas Show filming day – Please make sure you come dressed in your Christmas jumper to school today for filming.

Friday 4th December 2020 – Christmas Lunch – If you have not returned a slip to choose a Christmas dinner then I will assume that you are a packed lunch on this day. If you have not sent in a slip or have lost it then please send in a note to let me know what you would like asap. The choices are Turkey, Steak Pie or Vegetarian.

I have put your homework below.

Check out the Homework Grid first to give you a run down of tasks and games.

Homework GridHomework Grid 30th Nov

Jellyfish – Jellyfish – Phoneme Pairs Game Jellyfish – Magical Sentence

Crabs – Crabs – Bb worksheet

Maths 

All – Maths – 2D Shapes Scavenger Hunt Maths – Tartan Colouring Picture

Enjoy 🙂

Homework – Week Beginning 16th November 2020

Hello boys and girls. I hope you have been able to access your homework a bit better and are managing well with it. I have put the homework grid first again to let you see what has to be done each day. You can complete the tasks in any order you wish. I am handing out a sheet on Tuesday which gives you your line for the Christmas show. You will have helped me come up with it in school on Tuesday and it is now yours to practise.

Have a great week and if you have any problems, let me know.

Mrs Ditty 🙂

Homework Grid – 16th November 2020

Homework Grid 16th November 2020

Literacy Tasks 

Jellyfish – Jellyfish – Phoneme Matching sheet       Jellyfish Phoneme Flower Task

Crabs – Gg words and pictures sheet

Maths Tasks 

All children  – Pirate Subtraction

Enjoy 🙂

Homework – Week Beginning 9th November 2020

Hello everyone. I am hoping that by putting homework both here and on Teams that you will all have an easier time accessing it. I have put the homework grid first so you can see what is expected this week. Please note that the day by day approach in which the grid is set out is merely a guide. Feel free to complete the tasks in any way which suits. I would, however, recommend reading with your child every night as their book will change throughout the week. Another thing to note is that although you have a homework jotter at home this does not need to be returned to the school at any point. If you have completed pieces of homework then ideally upload them to the homework page on Teams, failing that you can send them to my glow email address gw10cahillsinead@glow.sch.uk

Please let me know if you have any problems. 🙂

Take Care and have a great week,

Mrs Ditty

Homework Grid – Week Beginning 9th November 2020

Homework Grid 9th November 2020

Literacy Tasks 

Crabs Group – Crabs Sounding Out Sheet

Jellyfish Group – Jellyfish ‘oa’ worksheet

Maths Tasks 

Whole Class Symmetry Sheet – Symmetry sheet

Thank you 🙂

Week beginning Monday 22nd June 2020

Hello girls and boys, welcome to our last week of home learning and school work before the summer holidays begin! I cannot believe it has been 14 weeks since we were last in class. I am missing you all so much and can’t wait for the holidays to be over, before they have even begun, so I can get to see you all in person again!!

This week your tasks are Disney themed and hopefully you will find them a whole lot of fun. Like last week you can pick and choose what you would like to do, but I bet you’ll want to do them all. ; )

Announcements

Chats – Our final chat : ( will be on Tuesday this week at 11am. I will be available on both video and typing chat so please try to join in for our last get together. This week we are having an end of year party! There will be music and games but you need to bring your own treats : )

Home Learning – Choose the activities you would like to do. One each day is enough but feel free to do more. All resources are saved in Files on Teams.

Home Learning Grid for P1 and P2 Disney Activities Grid

Toy Story 3 Film Study  mr potato head cut outs

Disney drawing step by step Disney Sing-a-long lyrics and questions Disney Theme Home Learning links  Make a Disney Board Game 

Primary 1 and 2

Spelling: How many Disney character names can you write with the correct spelling in 60 seconds?

Phonemes: P1 Disney a-z https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9AFEIYMyw 

P2 – Disney made up words – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAgXmweNY0 – Now make up some of your own words and write them down.

Reading: Choose one of your own books to read especially a Disney story if you have one.

­­­­­­­­A note to the amazing boys and girls of P1/2:

“P1/2 class of 2019/2020, what can I say? It was amazing being your teacher and getting to know you all. I have loved every minute of it. Even though our class time was cut short by this very inconsiderate virus, you have made lockdown so much better for me with our chats so thank you! You are all amazing and try your best with everything I ask you to do so give yourself a BIG round of applause. Now Mums and Dads, and Grans and Grandads, have also been fabulous helping you with your home learning and keeping in touch with me. I really appreciate how involved you have all been. They deserve a big hug!

This week Mr. Conaghan will be letting you know your teacher and class for next year. I can’t quite believe you are all moving into primary 2 and primary 3. It has been so lovely seeing you all grow and learn new things. Keep up all that great work! I’m sure your new teacher will realise that they are getting THE BEST class in the whole of St. Gerard’s.”

Have a super dooper Summer Holiday and I will see you about in school in August.

Take care,

Miss Brown x

And in case you need some ideas to keep busy over the summer here are a few…

Fun at home ideas P1-P3

We are having a Space Quiz on Friday at 1pm on Teams if you would like to join. This will be a typing chat rather than video. The quiz sheet is on this weeks Teams channel and there is a video to help you learn the answers. See you then!  #######_________________________________________________________________

*****Class Chat on Wednesday 1.30pm – bring a few jokes to share and we’ll see who is the funniest! *****

Week beginning Monday 15th June 2020

Good morning everyone! I can’t believe we are getting this close to the summer holidays. Where has the time gone? Thank you and well done to those of you who took part in the Sumdog Competition last week. You did ever so well!

Don’t forget that Sunday is a special day. Do you know what we are celebrating? Remember to thank someone special to you and you could even draw them a picture or make a card. I have included a couple of templates below. The certificates can be changed to suit on Word.

Fathers day_special man certificates        love you this much hands

Announcements

Chats – I am not sure what is happening this week in school so can’t confirm when our chats will be yet. I will try to let you know as soon as I can.

Photos – Thank you to everyone who has sent their photos to me. I am hoping to collate them into a nice video or presentation this week. It’s still not too late to send me one if you haven’t done so yet. gw09brownellen3@glow.sch.uk

Home Learning – I have changed the format of your learning this week and it will be similar next week too. I hope you find it easy to use.

Spelling: Common Word Lists and Phoneme Mats are below for you to choose your words for writing and spelling activities.

Reading: Read books as below changing to your new book on Wednesday if you have two.

Literacy: Choose 2 red activities from the grid each day.

Numeracy: Choose 1 blue activity each day. You can also play your choice of games on Sumdog or Education City if you want to. There will be no set work this week.

Other learning: Choose 1 green or purple task each day.

Home Learning Grid for P1 and P2  Home learning activity grid P1_2

Primary 1

Spelling: choose 4 common words from list   Stage 1 Common Word List

Phonemes: choose 4 phonemes from mat. Can you think of 2 words for each?

Stage 1 phonemes mat

Reading: Lions – ‘Everyone got wet’ and ‘Stuck in the mud’- Just saw that there are 2 books with this title so read the one you didn’t read last week. : )

Bears – ‘Cat’s Picnic’ and ‘A Bag of Tricks’.

Monkeys – ‘Tin Cat’ and ‘Sit, Cog Dog’.

Snakes – ‘In the sky’.

Primary 2

Spelling: choose 8 common words from the list     Stage 2 Common Word List

Phonemes: choose 2 phonemes from the mat. Can you think of 4 words for each? 

Stage 2 phonemes mat   

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘The Flying Machine’

Tigers – ‘The Seagull’ and ‘Claws’.

I hope you enjoy your learning this week and have fun choosing your own tasks each day!

Take care,

Miss Brown x

Week beginning Monday 8th June 2020

*********Class Chat will be Wednesday 10th June at 11am. Join me for a quiz all about animals. This will be our only chat this week I’m afraid as I am working in the Hub on Friday*******************

Hello boys and girls, I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. All the staff are returning to school this week to organise things for your return after August. I can’t believe I am going to have to wait that long to see you all again. Thank goodness for our Team chats or I would be very sad indeed.

Announcements

Chats – There will be no chat on Monday as I will be in school and I am unsure of times. We will still have our chat on Wednesday and Friday but I will update times later today.

Photos – Thank you to everyone who has already sent their photos to my glow email gw09brownellen3@glow.sch.uk I really appreciate your efforts. We haven’t received lots of photos yet so we will hold off on the video until more people are able to send their photos in.

Home Learning Grid for P1 P1 home learning grid wb080620

Primary 1

Spelling: a   at   and   with   us   so             Phonemes: a   t   q(u)   y

Reading: Lions – ‘What’s the weather like today?’ and ‘Stuck in the mud’.

Bears – ‘Tiger’s Fish’ and Nok can fix it’.

Monkeys – ‘The Fishing Trip’ and ‘Let’s Bake’.

Snakes – ‘Family Poems’.

Home Learning Grid for P2    P2 home learning grid wb080620

Primary 2

Spelling: said   could   her   before take gave   cold   don’t

Phonemes:  oa       oy    

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘Key Trouble’

Tigers – ‘Pirate Adventure’.

Spelling – Will be using some different online games. Link are on the grid.

Numeracy – There is a North Lanarkshire wide Sumdog competition this week so I have entered our class to compete. Try to answer 20 questions a day. We are also learning about pattern using Education City.

I hope you enjoy your learning this week. Please do what you can but make sure to have fun!!

Stay safe and take care,

Miss Brown x

Monday

STEM – World-Ocean-Day-for-Schools-presentation-7th-June-2019

Tuesday

Literacy – P1  Missing Word Task Lions        Missing Word Task Bears      Missing Word Task Monkeys

a_z formation

Numeracy – P1   Pattern Play 2 P1

P2 – Need for Bead P2

Wednesday

Numeracy – P1 Pattern Play 5 P1                      P2  Dont Be Shellfish P2

Thursday

Literacy – P1 & P2   Primary-Make-and-Do-Make-Your-Own-Books-KS1

Numeracy – P2   Criss Cross P2

Spanish – spanish colours

Friday

Literacy – P1  P1-Memories    P2  P2 Memories

Week beginning Monday 1st June 2020

Good Morning everyone in P1/2. I hope you have all had a fabulous weekend enjoying the sunshine. It is looking as though we will not be back in school until after the summer holidays, but I am loving our chats on Teams to make up for not seeing you in class. I am also hoping to share some of the amazing photos you have sent me on Twitter this week to show everyone how busy you have all been.

Announcements

Chats – Our chats this week are on Monday 11-11.30am for story time. Then on Wednesday 12-12.30pm and Friday 12.30-1pm. I am sorry for being late last Friday as my laptop froze and took a long time to come back online, but I’m sure you all made the most of the sunny day instead!

Login and Passwords – I am aware you have a few login and passwords now so I will save all your log in details into your folder in Teams – File – Children’s Work. Everyone has now been emailed with this info.

Photo Challenge – I would still love to receive a few more photos for our video with Mrs Ditty’s class. If you haven’t done this yet you can still send it to me at gw09brownellen3@glow.sch.uk I would really appreciate it.

Return to school – There have been announcements from the Government that school will be back in August. At the moment Mr Conaghan and the staff team are working on classes and the practical needs for our return. As soon as we have this information we will pass this on to you.

Home Learning Grid for P1  P1 home learning grid wb010620

Primary 1

Spelling: I   in   it   an   is   and             Phonemes: s   i   p  n

Reading: Lions – ‘The Leek Hotpot’ and ‘Turnip is missing’.

Bears – ‘The Ox and the Yak’ and ‘The Toys Party’.

Monkeys – ‘Tiger’s Family’ and ‘Top Dog’

Snakes – ‘Big, Bad Bug’.

Home Learning Grid for P2 P2 home learning grid wb010620

Primary 2

Spelling: day away always today each ask   year eat       Phonemes: ay ea

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘What was it like?’

Tigers – ‘Paris Adventure’.

Spelling – Will be using Teach Your Monster to Read and Doorway Online.

Numeracy – Work has been set up on Set Homework on Education City and there is also a Sumdog Challenge.

I hope you have fun with your learning this week. I have included a few Science activities as I know you like them.

Stay safe and take care,

Miss Brown x

Monday

Numeracy – P1  Tick Tock oclock P1

HWB – P2  maths-for-walks

Tuesday

Literacy – P1  Reading task 234                       Snakes – bug hunt

P2   BME P2

Numeracy – P1    Wakey Wakey oclock

P2   Clocking In oclock half past P2

HWB –  Mindful Monters Creativity Cards

Wednesday

Literacy – P2   Postage Stamp

STEM –    Lego Challenge

Thursday

Literacy – P1   Missing Pet Lions        Party Invite Bears           Describe the dogs Monkeys

Numeracy – P1     clock

P2    Wakey Wakey Quarter to quarter past P2

Friday

Literacy – P1   Space Word Mat        Space writing

P2     Space Word Mat         Astronaut writing

Numeracy – P1  and    P2     Timing in seconds

SCIENCE –   rocket

UPDATE ON IDL TASK – I have been made aware that some people are having problems with IDL Literacy. Please just leave this task until I can find the problem. Thank you!

Week beginning Monday 25th May 2020

Hello boys and girls, I hope you have had a lovely long weekend! It was fantastic hearing from you all last week during our chats. We are hearing news that hopefully we will be going back to school soon but will have to wait a little while longer to make it as safe as possible.

Announcements

Health Week – We are having our annual Health Week this week. Learning will be slightly different as mostly involving health and well-being activities. I hope you enjoy.

Chats – Due to the holiday our next Teams chats will be on Wednesday at 12.00 -12.30pm and Friday at 1.00 – 1.30pm. We will be having a Disney Quiz on Wednesday!

Login and Passwords – I am aware you have a few login and passwords now so I will save all your log in details into your folder in Teams – File – Children’s Work and I will continue to email them to you so you have them to hand.

Outdoor ideas – I have saved a few documents in Teams – Files with lots of ideas for outdoor learning that may be useful.

Photo Challenge – Thank you for sending me your photos last week. If you haven’t done this yet you can still send it to me at gw09brownellen3@glow.sch.uk I would really appreciate it. We are hoping to start making the video this week.

Home Learning Grid for P1 and P2 – P1_2 home learning grid wb250520

Health Challenges 2020 

May Task

Primary 1

Spelling: all common words to date     Stage 1 Common Words- handwriting            

Phonemes: all phonemes to date    Stage 1 phonemes

Reading: Lions and Bears – ‘The Get Fit Club’ and ‘Hands’.

Monkeys and Snakes – ‘Get Up’ and ‘I can Hop’.

Primary 2

Spelling: all common words to date        Stage 2 Common Words- handwriting          

Phonemes: all phonemes to date         Stage 2 phonemes

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘On your bike’ and ‘A hole in my tooth’.

Tigers – ‘A hole in my tooth’ and ‘On your bike’.

Spelling – Will be using IDL this week.

Numeracy – I have set up a Sumdog competition this week.

Have a super fun Health Week!

Have fun and take care! – Miss Brown xx

If you need new jotters please visit the Nisa shop on the North Road for supplies.

Week beginning Monday 18th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls. Welcome to another week of home learning. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we can get back to school and I can see you all. I am missing you all so much! I hope you all enjoy your tasks this week, there are a few I am looking forward to!!!

Announcements

Chats – Our next Teams chats will be on Monday at 12pm and Wednesday at 1pm and these will be another video/audio chat were children can speak to one another. For Monday try to think of a joke to share and on Wednesday I will tell a story as I have missed our story times.

Using IDL – This week for numeracy we are going to use IDL for our starter activity. For logging into IDL…

Username: firstname and initial of surname@ml41ln   – joeb@ml41ln

Password: firstname and initial of surname                 – joeb

There is an assessment at the start that then allows the programme to plan questions suitable for your child’s knowledge. The assessment is lengthy so will take a few days but it saves automatically.

Login and Passwords – I am aware you have a few login and passwords now so I will save all your log in details into your folder in Teams – File – Children’s Work and I will start to email them to you so you have them to hand.

Photo Challenge

Mrs Ditty and I are hoping to create a video this week with pictures of all the children. Please get involved so that children can see pictures of their friends. Children can draw a picture of something from their time at home or a picture that will bring a smile to others. If you could take a photo of them holding the picture and send it to me at gw09brownellen3@glow.sch.uk I would really appreciate it.

Remember you can still collect points using the St. Gerard’s Challenge. We will add all the points at the end of the month to see who our class winner is!

May Task

I hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend on Friday and Monday!

Have fun and take care! – Miss Brown xx

Home Learning Grid for P1 and P2 – P1_2 home learning grid wb180520

Primary 1

Spelling: am, me, my, did, as, he                   Phonemes: r m   d   e

Reading: Lions – ‘By the Stream’.

Bears – ‘The King and his Wish’.

Monkeys – ‘The Dragon Balloon ’.

Snakes – ‘The Lost Teddy’.

Primary 2

Spelling: blue,best,number,other,yellow,grow,again,food Phonemes: ue ow (snow)

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘Finn MacCool and the Giants Causeway’. (Age 6-7)

Tigers – ‘The Orchid Thief’. (Age 5-6)

Monday

Literacy – roll and read common words wk 1_13 stage 1

roll and read common words wk 9_17 stage 2

prediction P1               prediction P2

Numeracy – sea creature table P1           sport table and bar graph P2

Other – Mindful Monsters Concentration

Tuesday

Numeracy – favourite ice cream

Wednesday

Literacy – Noun Hunt P1            Types of Nouns Wordsearch P2

Numeracy – Tally and Graph sheet

Other – Invisible Ink STEM         Build a helicopter STEM

Thursday

Friday – Holiday

Week beginning Monday 11th May 2020

Hello P1/2 boys and girls. I hope you had a great long weekend and had lots of fun!

It has been lovely getting to speak to you on Teams and thank you to your adult helpers for letting us catch up. Our next Teams chat will be on Wednesday at 12pm and this will be an audio chat were we can speak to one another!!! Please come and join us if you can, even just for a few minutes.

Our work layout is a little different this week as we will be using the St. Gerard’s Challenge ‘May Task’  grid for our Other learning task. I wonder how many points you can all collect?!

Have a super week! – Miss Brown x

Primary 1

Spelling: go, got, get, can, we, into     Phonemes: c   k   ck   g   l

Reading: Lions – ‘The Birthday Cake’.

Bears – ‘Spots!’.

Monkeys – ‘The Big Carrot’.

Snakes – ‘The Little Red Hen’.

Primary 2

Spelling: very, took, fast, there, their, some, them, last     Phonemes: aw   oi

Reading: Cheetahs – ‘Escape of the Giant Chicken’. (Age 6-7)

Tigers – ‘The Noisy Day’. (Age 5-6)

St. Gerard’s Challenge grid  – May Task

Monday – Inservice

Tuesday

Literacy –

P1/2 Spelling Challenge 11th May on Sumdog (15mins)

Read new book and see if you can spot any of your common or phoneme words.

Numeracy – Education City-Homework-

More Money P1 – All Change (learning screen) and Money box sorting game

More Money P2 – All change (learning screen) and Cash Only game

Other – Choose from May Task grid.

Wednesday

Literacy –

Read your book and complete read to write task. Search for 2/3/4 letter words.

2 letters 3 letters 4 letters

Numeracy – Education City-Homework-

More Money P1 – Money box sorting activity sheet Money box sorting – 29918

More Money P2 – She sells seashells game

Other – Choose from May Task grid.

Thursday

Literacy –

Read your book and complete Play Activity 1 and 2.

Numeracy – Education City – Homework

More Money P1 – Shelling Out game

More Money P2 – Starship Enter Price (learning screen) and game

Other – Choose from May Task grid.

Friday

Literacy – Complete activity worksheets.

P1 ‘ck’ wordsearch. ck Word Search With Word Bank

P2 there/their missing word. there their theyre help     there their theyre activity

Numeracy – Education City – Homework

More Money P1 – Shelling out activity sheet shelling out

More Money P2 – Starship Enter Price activity sheet Starship Enter Price – 34433

Other – Choose from May Task grid.

Week beginning Monday 4th May 2020

Buenos Dias chicos y chicas! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Welcome to another week of learning.

I have loved chatting with you on Teams this week, it really has been wonderful. Having looked at how many people joined us last week I have set this weeks times as Monday 1-2pm and Wednesday 11-12 pm. If you haven’t joined in yet I hope you can join us for even a few minutes, it doesn’t have to be the full hour. Sorry no chat on Friday due to the bank holiday!

This week we will be using Education City for some of our online learning. I understand that information has been posted to you all but I will include the details here just in case.

https://go.educationcity.com/

Log in using your username and password. Most Usernames are FirstnameSurname (with capital letters and no spaces) and our class password is drum. I will save all details in Team Files.

It is also The Month of Mary and Father McGoldrick as asked for us to help him so that is Monday’s other task. I would ask as an extra that all children learn The Hail Mary during this month, if they don’t already know it.

Have a super week P1/2!

There are two ebooks that might be good to read to your children over the holiday weekend about the current situation with Covid 19.

parsleymimblewoodsavestheworld

My name is Coronavirus

Some good resources for learning about money are:

https://rbs.mymoneysense.com/home-learning/

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/corporate/you-your-kids-and-money#

Excellent Maths game apps

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/math-bingo/id371338715   £2.99 *recommend

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/math-bingo/id943266612   Free

Primary 1

P1 home learning grid wb040520

Remember reading groups are Lions – Zane, Lua.

Bears – Hayden, Evylin, Mya, Aimee Lee, Lucy, Jessica, Pawel.

Monkeys – Harlie, Ryan, Mia, Ollie.               Snakes – Faris.

Monday

Other – DOM Daily Angelus Challenge Card       Hail Mary      flowers colouring

Tuesday

Literacy – BME P1 Lions     BME P1 Bears        BME P1 Monkeys

comic strip Snakes

Numeracy –  blank snack price list poster

Other – Bright as a penny KS1 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Monday

Wednesday

Literacy – Common word dash Phoneme word jump game P1

prediction P1

Numeracy – Make 1 pound combinations P1

Other – KS1 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Wednesday

Thursday

Literacy – Character Profile

Numeracy – Swift Shop money match P1 EdC

Friday – Public Holiday

Primary 2

P2 home learning grid wb040520

Remember reading groups are Cheetahs – Amber, Gabriel, Shay, Amy.

Tigers – Maisie, Blake, Luca, Madison.

Monday

Literacy – fiction-vs-nonfiction help Non-Fiction and Fiction Book Titles Sorting Activity

Other – see P1

Tuesday

Numeracy – see P1 for blank price list or write your own.

Other – see P1

Wednesday

Numeracy – Make 1 pound combinations P2

Other – see P1 for favourite music sheet.

Thursday

Literacy – Fact v opinion

Numeracy – Squids In Making money values P2 EdC

Friday – Public Holiday

Week beginning Monday 27th April 2020

Hello boys and girls. It has been another glorious week! I hope you have been doing lots of fun learning and activities outside in the lovely sunshine. Fingers crossed we get more this week.

You are all now part of our class Group Chat on Teams using your Glow email. I know some parents are using this for working from home and a few children have already said “Hello” using it. It is a word chat not a video chat so your child will need help to type so that they can join in. If you need more help below is the link to a guide on how to access it. Sorry can’t get the hyperlink to work so you will have to copy and paste the link.

Home Learning Update – Using ‘Teams’

The aim is to have more real time communication with myself and with each other. I will be available this week on: Monday from 1 – 2pm

Wednesday from 10 – 11am

Friday from 2 – 3pm

Let me know if these times are suitable for everyone so children can access at least once each week with adult help. I am looking forward to hearing from you all. The chat can be used for children to text chat to one another too!

I will also be putting each week’s resources in the Files section for easier access.

I have set up everyone on Teach your monster to read. It is a great resource and can be used anytime by you all as well as for set learning tasks.

How to access Teach your monster to read:

Browser: Children must use http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/u/5603683

App: When logging in, set (star code) to 5603683

Usernames are children’s first name (with no spaces for double names).

Here are the new learning tasks. I hope you have another super week! I can’t wait to speak to you all on Teams : )

Other learning resources for Monday-Wednesday   Outdoor learning

Primary 1

P1 home learning grid wb27_04_20

Monday

Literacy – hedgehog  only for Snakes reading group

Numeracy –Multiplication Strategies poster

Tuesday

Literacy – Missing Words             pencil control

Numeracy – 100 Square Hundred Black and White

Wednesday

Numeracy – counting in 2s bitesize P1        counting in 2s bitesize p1 ext

Thursday

Literacy –  Jumbled sentences

Numeracy – Roll, Count, Share        10 sided dice           Division Strategies Posters

Friday

Literacy –  super sentences P1

Numeracy – shape symmetry P1

Primary 2

P2 home learning grid wb27_04_20

Monday

Numeracy –  Multiplication Strategies posters P2

Tuesday

Literacy –  ou story        prediction help P2

Wednesday

Literacy – ow ou family sound game

Numeracy – Multiplying-by-5-Function-Machines

Thursday

Numeracy – Division Strategies Posters

Friday

Literacy – describe the monster P2

Numeracy – shape symmetry P2

Have fun learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week beginning Monday 20th April 2020

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter holiday and are all doing well. It was great having such good weather. I’m sure you made the most of your garden just like I did or went a nice walk with your parents. I bet the Easter Bunny still managed to pay you all a visit!

As the week goes on I will be emailing you all again just to see how you are all doing. If I haven’t replied to you yet I will be doing so this week. I have loaded this week’s work below.

Primary 1

P1 home learning grid wb20_04_20

Monday

Literacy – qu story

Numeracy – subtraction to 10 sentences

Other –

Tuesday

Numeracy –problem-solving-strategies

Wednesday

Literacy – i spy with my liitle eye_y

Numeracy – Subtraction dice game to 12

Thursday

Literacy – q x y z formation and word match

Friday

Literacy – splat common words and sounds

Easter writing P1

Numeracy – 2d 3d shape hunt

Primary 2

P2 home learning grid wb20_04_20

Monday

Literacy – igh story

Numeracy – subtraction to 20 sentences

Other – same Backyard Scavenger Hunt as Primary 1

Tuesday

Literacy – write and colour igh words

Numeracy – use same problem solving strategies poster from P1

Wednesday

Literacy – i__y cut and paste sheet

joining words

Numeracy – Subtraction dice game to 20

Thursday

Literacy – igh sound family roll and read mat

Friday

Literacy – Easter writing P2

Numeracy – Same shape hunt sheet as P1

Friday 3rd April 2020

I hope you have a had another great week. It was so nice hearing from you this week using our Glow emails. It really made my week!

As this is the last day of term before the Easter holiday begins I just wanted to let you know there will be no learning posted for the next 2 weeks. I am putting some Easter ideas below just in case you get bored : ) and I’ll add more later.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Easter/      – has some great games

Easter stained glass craft 

• if you don’t have these materials use an old polly pocket as paper and colour your stained glass design with sharpies. Looks great in the window!

Matching easter symbols

Design an easter egg

STEM make a basket for bunny

Easter block graph

Easter egg symmetry patterns

Spring homelearning activity grid

I hope that you and your families have a Happy and Holy Easter!

Miss Brown xx

Week beginning Monday 30th March 2020

Good morning boys and girls. I just want to say how much I am missing you all, but I am so glad to know that you and your families are safe.

Here is you learning for this week. If you have any questions let me know on Glow and I’ll get back to you. Below are instruction on how to check your Glow email. I shall be sending you all a message this week to check how you are!

Email on glow

If you can’t print out resources write what you can in your jotters. Have a super week!

Primary 1

P1 home learning grid wb30_03_20

Monday

Literacy – Phoneme and Common Words P1 th

Numeracy – adding to 10 colouring

Maths Scavenger hunt

Tuesday

Literacy – roll and read th

Numeracy – number 10 tshirt.docx

Wednesday

Literacy – th phoneme flower

Numeracy – bar bonds to 10

Thursday

Numeracy – star bonds to 10

Friday

Literacy – Roll and Read common words game roll and read common words wk 1_27 stage 1

Writing – hand washing bubbles when to wash poster

Numeracy – days of the week sequencing

Primary 2

P2 home learning grid wb30_03_20

Monday

Literacy – Phoneme and Common Words P2 i_e

Numeracy – adding to 20 colouring

Tuesday

Literacy – roll and read i_e

Numeracy – number 20 tshirt

Wednesday

Literacy –i_e phoneme flower

Numeracy – robot bonds to 20

Thursday

Numeracy – Number Bonds Challenges

Friday

Literacy – roll and read common words wk 1_35stage 2

Writing – Hand washing instruction template

Instruction writing helplist

Numeracy –months and seasons

Months and seasons poster