St. Gerard's Primary

Key Workers List

Please click the link below to see the list of key workers that has been issued by North Lanarkshire Council.

For families where both parents are key workers and there are no other possible childcare options, children can report to school as normal on Monday morning.

We stress that this should only be viewed as a last resort option to enable essential services to continue to run.

The purpose of the school closure is to limit the spread of COVID-19, therefore where at all possible children should remain at home to ensure that other children of essential key workers, vulnerable children and our teachers, staff and their families are not put under unnecessary additional risk.

In the attachment you will also find information for those who are entitled to free school meals.

We appreciate your cooperation in following this guidance carefully.

We hope that at this worrying time all of our families are safe and well.

List of Key Workers

1. Thank you for this helpful information I am a full time care worker at hattonlea nursing home in bellshill I work 40 hours per week but I’ve been doing overtime due to staff shortages and the care home requires 24 hour care to our elderly residents who suffer from dementia. My husband works 60 hours a week nightshift in a warehouse who delivers all sorts to shops and factories such as scottish shellfish morrisons etc . My father suffers from dementia and my mother cares for him at home so therefore we are going to struggle to attend our workplace as we dont have any other childcare.

2. Hi there. While we understand that families will really struggle in this situation, we would strongly suggest that you only use the emergency childcare provision if absolutely necessary and you have no other option, such as organising shift patterns. If you do require the service, application forms can be obtained from the local hub school, which is John Paul II Primary. Please check Twitter and the blog for updates on this.

3. Both my husband and I are in the category 3 key worker list. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home while he is working from the St Ambrose hub.

As I am working I am struggling to fit in schooling too (guilt trip). What should be an absolute priority for a primary 5/6 child who is definitely not disappointed to be missing school?

Ps loving all the updates and communications being posted 👍🏻

4. Hi there,
    We completely understand the pressures that are on families just now, and know that many parents are still very busy working from home. Please do not feel that you have to complete every task that is set. We teachers have a responsibility to provide learning opportunities, but we don’t expect all children to be able to work at home the same way they usually would at school. If he can do some reading through the week, and any other tasks you get to then that would be great. Being at home is also a fantastic opportunity for our children to be learning life-skills such as helping to make meals, carry our household chores and doing things in the garden if you have one. There are also many YouTube videos and apps that children can access to keep active. Not all learning will be in the form of writing and worksheets. Just do what you can – you are doing a great job!