The next Parent Council meeting is on Monday 10th December at 7 pm in the school.
What is a Parent Council?
The Parent Council is a group of parents selected by members of the parent forum (the collective name for every parent, carer or guardian at a school) to represent all the parents of children at the school.
Parent Councils have an important role to play in ensuring that children’s education is enriched by parents’ valuable life experience, individual personal skills and unique knowledge of their own child.
What is the role of Parent Councils?
Parent Councils help parents and carers to become more actively and effectively involved in their children’s learning. It is recognised that parents play an important role both in their own child’s learning and in the life of their school.
Parent councils are flexible and designed to make sure that they represent their school and its interests effectively. Parent members should decide what is most important for the Parent Council to work on.
The St Aidan’s High School PC is committed to the following:
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- Support the school and head teacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
The Parent Council meet regularly on a Monthly basis in the school and is comprised of the following: Head Teacher, nominated Teaching staff, local elected officials, and elected Parent Council Members as governed by the St Aidan’s High School PC constitution.
We discuss a range of items such as:
- Parental Engagement in the pursuit of attainment for every pupil
- The school Improvement Plan
- Consultation on changes to the school and the school curriculum
- Budget & Fund Raising Activities
A wealth of other topics in the pursuit of attainment, culture & ethos of the school.