15 thoughts on “Fire Service”

1. Hi Mr Finnon the Fire Service visit was a great experience for me and all the class. I thought it was very interesting that they came in to our school and taught us that even sparklers can be that dangerous but over all my favourite part was that they answered my question.

2. Hi Mr.Finnon here are my three firebrigade facts.

1.Sparkelers are hotter than a BBQ
    2.There are fake fireworks
    3.That people have had very very serious accidents

3. Today three fire brigade men Stuart, Les and Robert came in and was talking to our class about bonfire safety,here is three facts that they told us:

.Its very important that you only go to organised bonfires .

.Never hold a lit firework in your hand .

.Only get fireworks from proper shops .

4. The three things I learned the day the fire fighters came in are,
    * There are more fires in the October month because of people trying to do bonfires or playing with fireworks.
    * It is safer if you go to a organised bonfire because they give you the proper material .
    * You should always buy fireworks for normal specific places not from strange ones like a garage ,the driers etc …
    I hope you enjoyed reading and understanding my comment and have learned new things .

5. Mr Finnon Here are three facts about what the fire brigade told us:
    They only have two fire engines
    They told us how to be safe around fires
    Go to professionally organised bonfires

6. I really enjoyed the visit but three things I found interesting/learned were:
    1.The fire service have 2 fire engines.
    2.There has been fake calls and the fire brigade couldn’t find a fire so it was wasting their time.
    3.There was a big fire on the M74 because of a tank that had went on fire.

7. 1. That in some garages they sell fake fireworks and you wait for ten seconds and it goes of before.
    2. Always buy fireworks out of a shop that you know is good for those things.
    3. Three fire trucks can go out at each fire.
    4. Some people prank call them and someone else phones and they really need them but no trucks can go out cause there driving to a fake fire.

There is some things about the fireworks experience.

8. In class we learned about bonfire night by the fire department for and these are my three facts. My first fact is if you don’t have the right gloves on and you have a sparkler then drop it and pick it up at the wrong way you could get burned. My second fact is some firework are fake from non local shops so people buy them and light them but 20 seconds and it explodes in their hands. My third fact is some people create a bonfire next to trees and cause fire and it takes hours or days.

9. Mr Finnon yesterday when the firebrigade came into our class I found out 3 surprising facts. The first fact was that a sparkler is 15 times hotter than a boiling kettle. The second fact was that people from different countries sell fake and dangerous fireworks and do not care what happens to the people who buy them. The third fact is that instead of making your own bonfire and buying your own fireworks it would be much easier and safer to go to an organized firework show like the one that is held in Strathclyde park.

10. Three facts on the fire service visit .
    •They dont always use water to put the fire out sonetimes its a foam.
    •Fireman are risking there life .
    •They told us how parents use fireworks safely.

11. 1.I learned how important the fire services job is on bonfire night and how to stay safe.

2.We learned the locations of the local fire stations [eg] Motherwell,Hamilton,Coatbridge and lots more

3.We were shown pictures of injures and burns people have had by fireworks and sparkles .

I really enjoyed their vist

12. •Don’t buy fireworks from a car sale boot sale .

•Its much safer to go to a organized firework displays

•Do not prank call fire brigade for what if someone was in real danger and the fire brigade were to long .

13. Don’t play with fire.

Don’t by fake fireworks

Don’t touch fireworks when they are about to set off.

14. the three things i learned was

.i didnt know that fireworks were as dangerous as they are
    .i was surprised that there is only two fire engines at motherwell fire station
    .there are fake fireworks that can explode at any time (eg)20 seconds , 40 seconds or even less than 10 seconds