Primary 1 Transition 2020

Dear Parents/Carers,

This section of the blog has been created to support our new pupils due to start at Keir Hardie in August 2020.

During the months of May and June we would normally be welcoming you into Keir Hardie to support the transition from nursery to primary for your child. Due to the current pandemic this has not been possible and we are looking at other ways to get to know you and your child.

We are creating a transition booklet for you and also one for your son/daughter and we are planning some activities that I hope you will participate in. These will be sent to you in the coming weeks and will also be posted on this page.

I have been trying to contact all of our new P1 parents. This has been a little more difficult due to the school being closed. As I don’t want anyone missing out on any information, if you know of anyone who will be starting with us in August, who hasn’t heard from me, please can you ask them to contact me via email on ht@keirhardiemem.n-lanark.sch.uk

These are very difficult times for us all right now and I hope that our letters, emails and activities will help you and your child. Please don’t feel pressured into taking part if it doesn’t suit your family needs at present.
‘Although we are all in the same storm, we are all in different boats’. I am communicating with you as a support but it is up to each family to decide how much or how little they participate.

We are very much looking forward to you joining Keir Hardie Memorial Primary School.

Take care.
Regards
Mrs Queen
Head teacher