Day 1 18th Feb

Yet again I am blown away by the enthusiasm of the training participants we have been working with in Tier 2 training. This is our brave crew who will be giving up a Saturday to come along to Day 2 of the Tier 2 sessions.

In this session we had representation from the following schools:

• Calderhead
  • Greenfaulds
  • St Aidan’s
  • St Margaret’s

Here are some things participants would like to explore further in Tier 3:

Wikis seem to be the next step in some ways however I would want to consolidate on Glow groups for a little while. Therafter I am only limited by my own imagination.

Using the text editor to create pages that are more visually appealing to students.

Here are some areas the particpants feel ready to take on the challenge of:
Glow Groups for all my classes and rolling it out across my dept and helping across the wider school.

.

Using the newer resources such as wikis to enhance my glow groups.

.

looked at some of the examples shown today I will be doing more work on my groups and customising discussion boards etc to make them more accessible to pupils and so they add more value to the group/lesson.

.

I would hope to develop more Glow groups and offer support to other school staff. I am building up to more ‘singing and dancing’ interfaces and adding videos and such things!

.

Creating graphical interfaces and making glow group material easier to access for pupils and myself!

.

I would like to develop a learning and comms hub as a source of support and a hub of inclusion for all children especially those whith a strong association with SfL. I also see great possbilities with the Primary/Secondary liaison projects especially where we as SfL seek evidence and background on learners with ASP’s.