Irene Stewart, Bellshill Academy

My head is spinning! So many ideas!  I’ll need help just to focus all these ideas for developing the Music Department Glow pages. I’d like to be able to add videos and audio examples, and I’d like to develop a Wiki for our S1 collaborative podcast project, which could involve peer assessment. I’d also like to find out more about the Pastoral Transition project we saw during the first day of the course – we have a group of more able pupils who will be doing extra projects who might be interested in developing one for Bellshill. Curriculum based transition would be interesting as well! Best course I’ve been on for a while!

Carolyn Sutherland, Greenfaulds High School

I have found Tier 2 very interesting and informative. I  would now like support adapting the ML dept. Glow groups uploading MP3 files and videp clips to help pupils learn the language. I would  also like to be able to log pupil progress within the department in the form of pupil profiles. I also hope to pass on my new found knowledge onto other members of the dept. so that they can also benefit from Glow.

Aileen Mullen, Chryston High School

Every time I hear about something new on GLOW, I decide that’s what I want to do.  So today, I’m interested in using wikis.   I think I could use it with my S1 class who are doing a IDL project on eco-schools.  My department’s input is researching eco-schools and eco-initiatives in Germany.  They are e-mailing their e-mail friends from a school in Germany.  They could use a wiki to share what they find out with others and also they could post pictures of themselves working on other parts of the project.  However, I’ve just heard about blogs too.  I would like to use this to allow pupils to publish film reviews.  We try to go to the GFT to see German films as often as possible and the pupils always write a film review which we put on our notice board and in school newsletter,  but a blog would allow more pupils to read and write reviews.  The blog could also record our new partnership with the school in Germany.

Jennifer Dalbeck, Drumpark Primary School

I would like to find out more information on how to make my glow groups more visual and interactive for my pupils and less ‘wordy’.  I would also like to become more confident about using all the facilities/ options that are available on glow  groups to make my pages appear as I would like them to.  Furthermore I would like to know more information about the benefits/ differences between using ‘Glow groups’, ‘blogs’ and ‘wikis’ etc.  🙂