2011 Coursework – Software Development Task 3 (Part 2)

3. Using a software development environment of your choice, implement the algorithm. Use separate sub-programs where appropriate. Use parameter passing where appropriate.
Evidence – Structured listing of implemented program. (16)

The key to creating a robust and reliable program is to think it through. We are going to make use of the sub programs to get one piece of the coursework working at a time.

1. Load up your coursework enter the parameters for the first sub program (Get_Data, look back at task 1). You will need to create both the formal and actual parameters.
  2. DIM any parameters that require it.
  3. Can you still get your program to run?
  4. Enter the code for Get_Data.
  5. Does the program run? How do we know the data is in the Arrays?
  6. Repeat the above steps for each sub program, remembering to save and test your program at each stage.

When you have finished you should have a working program and you can start to test it. I have placed some snippets from the program I created below, just enough to point you in the right direction. Remember! If you have refined all the algorithms this process will go a lot faster. You will be reward for well documented and presented code so take some time to comment on the code as you go.

2 thoughts on “2011 Coursework – Software Development Task 3 (Part 2)”

1. Sir, I have seriously tried to do this but every time it just doesn’t work to the point that all I have successfully done is name a button. No matter what I do it just doesn’t work. Can you go over it in class or supported study please?