Coltness High School Parent Council
Code of Conduct
In order to become and remain a member of the Coltness High School Parent Council, I agree to:
- Uphold the constitution of Coltness High School Parent Council.
- Work in the interest of the Parent Council at all times.
- Attend at least one of every three consecutive timetabled meetings.
- Resign if my child no longer attends Coltness High School.
- Direct all discussions through the Parent Council Chairperson.
- Respect all other opinions, views and beliefs.
- Treat all members and those in attendance with respect and dignity where no form of intimidation or harassment is tolerated.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all members.
- Not interrupt or disrupt and listen to all contributions.
- Refrain from personal criticisms and respect other members.
- Resolve any disagreement as a member of the Parent Council only at meetings, which will be undertaken through active discussion and where necessary, voting.
- Not to discuss issues regarding individual school users and staff, which, are not matters for the Parent Council.
- Be willing to participate in school activities, subgroups/committees and in meetings.