Careers Resources

My World Of Work and PlanitPlus are 2 excellent websites and would usually be the starting point in careers reseach. All pupils are encouraged to register for My World of Work.

Other useful websites worth looking at

Apprenticeships Scotland

BBC Bitesize Careers

Complete University Guide

Find A Job

Foundation Apprenticeships

My Kid’s Career

My Job Scotland

Skills Development Scotland

S1 Jobs

UCAS

UCAS – 5 useful tips

What University

Writing a Personal Statement

Writing a UCAS Personal Statement

Some local further education colleges websites

Ayrshire College

City of Glasgow College

Clyde College

West College Scotland

We have a small careers section in the library. It consists of prospectuses for scottish universities and local colleges and a selection of books giving advice on creating CVs, applying for jobs, going for interview as well as job profiles.

Mrs McPhee works regularly with PSE classes particularly during optionsĀ  and applying to university/college times.

Mrs Rodgers and Mr Brackenridge are our Skills Development Scotland Careers Coaches. You can request an interview by completing a self referral form available from your guidance teacher, Mrs Graham or Mrs McPhee, popping in to the office or emailing directly

alison.rodger@sds.co.uk

Whether looking for part time work or your first job after leaving school it is useful to have a CV (Curriculum Vitae). Having a CV gives you the opportunity to show what qualifications, skills, interests and experience you have to potential employers.

MWOW CV

If you’re lucky enough to get an interview find some useful tips to help you prepare

Interview Tips

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Ayrshire site