Positive about Parenting
We are here to identify the right parenting support for you.
Our Positive Family Partnership Strategy (PDF, 556kb) contains information on how we plan to deliver our Children’s Services Plan promise. To help all families in becoming confident and supportive.
Triple P and Incredible Years Parenting Groups
These programmes are designed to build on existing parenting skills and improve aspects of child behaviour. Weekly group sessions focus on; parent-child interactions, positive strategies for good behaviour and managing challenging behaviour.
- Triple P® – 8 week programme, consisting of 5 weekly sessions and 3 weekly telephone calls with the group leader – Triple P video
- Incredible Years – 14 week programme, of weekly sessions – Incredible Years video
For anymore information or to see photos taken by the Family Learning Team, follow them on Twitter at @NAC_FLT or on Facebook.
The team have been established to work in partnership with schools to engage parents and families in their children’s learning in school, at home and in the wider community. I will be present within the school most Monday Mornings and Wednesday Afternoons.
What can I do?
· Provide extra support (form filling, advice or even just a chat)
· Run different events/programmes (Read, Write, Count, Families
Connect, Family Fun Clubs etc.)
· One to one support
· Provide volunteer experiences within the school community
The aims of a Family Learning Zone are set out below:
· Increase parental/family engagement, including intergenerational
· Recruit and up skill volunteers
· Focus on engagement in education and on learning and teaching
· Impacts on attainment
· Inclusive ethos
· Fosters emotional wellbeing
· Partners – Family Learning Worker (FLW), CLD, Active Schools
Co-ordinator, Area Inclusion Officer
· Promotes development of skills, access to training and personal learning opportunities
At the moment the FLZ are undergoing a programme called Warrior Mums, after which we will be making items to sell at the Summer Fayre.
There has been the RWC gifting sessions and a 4 week block is booked to continue the work and to also offer arts and craft to
the whole school.
Connect programme with the P1s and Early years. This programme is for 12 participants developed by Save the Children.