Please find some excellent, free links to online resources. Many of these have recently been made free so please take advantage of them during this time at home.
- Thumble Tumble – Youtube channel of book series following a little witch along her many adventures on the magical Isle of Arran and beyond.
- Chatta Club – activities for children every day which support progress in language, literacy, memory and wider learning.
- Book Bug – Sessions will be published online for you to join in with every week. You can find most of the songs and rhymes below on the Bookbug app too.
- Authorfy – Author videos and cross-curricular schemes of work to use in the classroom or home – all completely free.
- NAC Libraries Borrowbox – Download or browse e-books and read anytime, anywhere! You can borrow up to 4 books at a time, for up to 3 weeks.
- David Walliams – Every day at 11am, you can listen one of David Walliams’ World’s Worst Children stories, so sit down, take a break, and enjoy 20ish minutes of pure fun!
- Carol Vorderman The Maths Factor – over a 1,000 maths sessions, organised into topics. Carol Vorderman teaches each topic through a fun and lively video, which is coupled with practice sessions to build your child’s knowledge and confidence in maths.
- Rigour Maths – a new edition every week where there is a focus on stories in the news from the past week and the numbers behind them.
- BBC Scotland Learning – daily learning projects updated at 10am bringing you the latest from Bitesize, The L.A.B., Authors Live, Schools Radio and more for learners in Scotland.
- European Space Agency –Space for Kids! ESA Kids features space news, information, animations and downloads for kids aged between 6 and 12.
- Edinburgh Zoo – new resources and materials updated regularly to help you learn at home about the Animal Kingdom.
- Drawing with Steve Harpster – Artist Steve Harptoons is all about getting kids to draw, create, and imagine. Watch videos and learn to draw with numbers and letters. Youtube channel at 6pm daily.
Health and wellbeing
- Cosmic Kids – Youtube channel for yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specially for kids aged 3+. Updated every week.
- Y dance -Every Monday from 30th March, a package of 4 dance classes will be uploaded to the website for you to do at home for FREE.
French and Spanish
- Coffee break languages- a collection of our free resources for primary and secondary on a single page which can be easily shared.
- First News – free, current issues of First News newspaper and activities and an extended 6-week trial of the iHub.
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub – Each day you’ll find a new set of daily activities to get involved with. Qualified Twinkl teachers will provide book readings, live lessons, positive news updates and more.
- Family Learning Team – some handy tips and hints on useful websites and some guidance on how to support your child at home.