Homework [wb 28-2-2022]

World Book Day Request

Please could you all bring in a teddy/soft toy on Thursday (World Book Day). You will take it down to read with your P1/P2 buddy in the afternoon.

A note to Parents/Carers

I have noticed an increase of children chewing gum in class. Can I please ask you to ensure that your child does not bring chewing gum to school. Thank you, Miss D x

• Reading
    Please read the second half of your book by the end of this week. Please remember that I can see your answers. It is crucial that you continue to read at home as this will help to move you up book bands in class. If you do not read the books at home too, I cannot move you.

Please spend at least 20 minutes on Sumdog every night this week.

IDS

Our topic for this term is Titanic. Therefore we would like you to create a guest room that may have been found on the Titanic.

Things to consider:

• What class of people will stay in your room? (1st, 2nd or 3rd class)
  • How many and what type of beds does your room have? (double, kind size, bunk beds etc)
  • Does it have any windows?
  • Is there just one room or are there more?

You can use any materials you want to create your guest room. For example: cereal boxes, shoe boxes, cardboard, Lego, construction materials or anything else you can think of.

Mrs B has been collecting shoe boxes for you all so please just ask if you would like one.

Your room should be brought into school by Wednesday 30th March.

Miss J and Mrs R’s March 2022 Homework Challenge

Article 31: You have the right to play and relax by doing things like sports, reading, music and drama.

This month’s challenge is in celebration of World Book Day which is on Thursday 3rd March 2022

Your Challenge:  Through March, share with us a photograph/video of you enjoying reading – this could be sharing your favourite book/comic, visiting your local library, reading a recipe/instruction etc.

Tweet your photo/video tagging @WhitehirstPs or send it to Miss Johnstone (who will tweet it directly).   gw09johnstonelouise@glow.sch.uk

We look forward to seeing all your March ‘Reading’ photographs.

As always, please send me an email or catch me in class if you have any questions.
Thanks everyone! Miss D x