Arran trip Day 4 – Thursday 24th November

Yet another gorgeous sunny day greeted us – what a fantastic week of super weather we’ve had! We’re SO lucky! Various activities today – the reverse of yesterday so each group had a chance at the many activities on offer. Here are just a few comments:

Ethan – We went walking to King’s Cave – the place where Robert the Bruce hid over 700 years ago. What a place. We also learned that this cave was formed  thousands of years ago due to the Ice age.

Lewis H – We toasted marshmallows in a cave today. I can’t wait to go home tomorrow.

Arron – We learned how to make a fire today – it was cool!

Caitlyn – I enjoyed toasting marshmallows and making a fire.

Lucie – We went cycling today followed by climbing – I loved both especially the climbing!

Ellie – I loved doing the climbing wall and biking. I’ve loved being here.

Teegan – best day of my life today – I went on the climbing wall and also got to bilet folk – it was so good.

Victoria – It was so good today walking to King’s cave and building our own fire. The best bit was toasting marshmallows over the fire. Delicious!

Becca – A great day at King’s cave.

Skye – On our walk to King’s cave we saw the footprints of a dinosaur. We didn’t realise how old Arran actually is.

Lewis G – I loved the climbing wall – I got the best time – 18 secs top to bottom!

Josh – It was amazing at King’s Cave – it was bit scary when we went in because it’s huge but we then went exploring and found lots of symbols carved into the caves. Amazing!

Tomorrow we will be going swimming at the Auchrannie Hotel – very posh! We have had the most amazing time of our lives here with Mrs Breen, Mrs Mullin and Mrs Blair – thank you for looking after us and putting up with us! A huge thank you to the staff at Arran Outdoor Education Resource – we loved meeting you and getting to know you all. We will remember this trip for the rest of our lives! We have dared to soar this week and hope to continue to be inspired by the beautiful country we live in. Now for home – and BED!!!! (especially Mrs B, Mrs M and Mrs B)

5 thoughts on “Arran trip Day 4 – Thursday 24th November”

1. What a fab week you have all had,creating memories that will last a life time! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy your day at auchenrannie xx

2. Wow you’ve all had an awesome time so far, enjoy your last day on arran and can’t wait to hear all about your adventures x

3. Another fab day! So glad that you’ve all enjoyed yourselves. We have missed you – the school has been SO quiet without you all (especially Mrs Breen:-). Enjoy your last day. xxx

4. Can you keep them for another few weeks, please!? Only joking. I’m glad everyone enjoyed themselves and you had the best possible weather. It will be an experience that the kids will remember forever. Thank you, to the school and Arran Outdoor Resource for giving the kids the opportunity to experience it. Looking forward to William making his own bed from now on….

5. aw thats good its been both fun and educational 🙂 glad all have had a good time and look forward to seeing you all home safe and sound!

woop woop!