Arran Trip Day 1 – Monday 21st November

We all arrived safely after a calm crossing in the boat.

Calvin was amazed at the sheer size of the Arran ferry. When we arrived in Brodick we were met by some of the centre staff who transported our luggage and us to the centre. Emily says the centre is awesome – her room is very cosy and comfortable. After being welcomed by all the staff we were given our kits for the week. Then we packed a lunch to eat for a picnic! In November? It was great!

Here are some comments:

AJ – today’s been fantastic – we went hillwalking and it was tough but the views at the top of the hill were well worth it.

Leo – Brilliant! Full of fun – can’t wait till tomorrow. I could live here forever!

Connor – Arran is absolutely amazing. We went to King’s cross and then along the beach – so cool! Can’t wait for the rest of the activities.

Teegan – I’ve had a great first day. Hillwalking was amazing. I tried my best and it was really good.

Becca – I had an awesome first day – lots of fun. We walked 5km! My knee hurts but I’m good!

Reiss – walking up the hill was fab! I’m tired but happy.

Taylor – favourite part of today was going to the beach and finding an old historic fort.

Chloe – Loved walking in the hills and spotting farm signs.

Barry –  I’m just loving it!

Caleb – I had a wee laugh when AJ fell over a fence – he laughed too.

Josh – We climbed to Dun Fionn – scary, muddy but thrilling!

Max – Today when we climbed Dun Fionn we saw beautiful views of Goat Fell covered in snow and the Holy Isle. I took loads of pictures of my team.

Lewis R – It was very windy at the top of the hill but it was fun!

Caitlyn – Climbed a very high hill – A maz ing!

Skye – Awesome climb up Dun Fionn!

Aimee – We went beach walking and learned a bit about the history of Arran.

Ellie – Thrilling to go hill climbing as a team. We all helped each other.

Lucie – Brilliant climb up Dun Fionn. I can’t wait for the rest of the week’s adventures!

Robbie – fantastic start to our week here. I really struggled but my team mates helped me. I feel I’ve achieved a lot already!

Victoria – Great first day here – beautiful scenery. I walked for 5km – the most I’ve ever walked before. I’m so proud of that!

Myren – Fab to be here. Brilliant views from the top of Dun Fionn.

William A – great fun exploring the hills of Arran.

Arron – Loving it here – fun activities – my room is big and comfortable. The food is delicious.

Ethan – Great exercise walking up hills – I’m exhausted!

William S – Fun but scary when we were hillclimbing – I fell along with Mrs Breen but we clung on to each other and survived! We had a good laugh about it.

Lewis H – I’m loving it here. So many things to be impressed with – the centre – cool bedrooms, scrumptious food! Hillwalking was superb!

Lewis G – Scary but exciting first day. The Centre is AMAZING!

Xander – We went for a walk along the beach and learned about Holy Isle and other interesting things. I’m loving it!

3 thoughts on “Arran Trip Day 1 – Monday 21st November”

1. Hello to you all! Fantastic to hear about your first day packed full of fun! You all seem to be so impressed by the Centre – it is fab! I’d have loved to have seen Mrs Breen and William S falling down the hill (sorry Mrs Breen:-) The sunset over Arran looked beautiful tonight – a red sky! Wish I was there. I look forward to hearing about Day 2. Have fun. Love from Mrs Thomas. x

2. I’m so happy to hear that you are all safe and well and enjoying yourself.
    Remember to keep warm and have fun.
    (Leo’s Mum)