Sharing With Parents

We had sharing with parents session on Tuesday 21st March. This time, we focussed on ICT. We showed our parents how we use Code.org to help enhance our learning in ICT, Maths and Literacy.

Coding is a very valuable thing that we can learn because we are surrounded by technology every day. We thought about all the different types of technology that we use in a day and how all of these are run using code.

Coding is a part of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) which we are trying to do in Mayfield.

Jordan – I think that this was really good

Holly – It was good that our parents could get to see a new website we were using.

Adam – It was really fun because we got to teach our parents how to use Code.org

Kaytee-Lee – I liked Sharing With Parents because I got to learn new things with my mum because we didn’t know how to do this before.

Murray – I think my gran was surprised at how good I was at remembering the steps I was doing on Code.org

Here are some photos of our coding session with parents:

World Book Day

We enjoyed World Book Day on Thursday 2nd of March. Everyone got dressed up as their favourite characters and we thought that we looked great!

The whole school got together in the morning and listened to the story of Cinderboy told by Mrs Breen. This story was great and we really enjoyed listening to Mrs Breen telling it to us!

“Mrs Breen was great at telling us the story of Cinderboy – it was really funny!” – Demi

“I really liked Cinderboy because it was the story of Cinderella with a twist!” – Jenna

After we listened to Cinderboy, we all got into groups and read with each other. We brought books from the class and there were big books that we got to read too! This was really fun and we enjoyed getting to read with children form other classes.