Sharing With Parents

We had our Sharing With Parents session last week and had great fun introducing our parents to our class novel, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We showed off the new reading strategies that we use to help us understand books and then we got to try some activities with them.

We had to complete character wheels on some of the characters in the novel. Then we had to complete a character study on Charlie Bucket. We also got to show how we can use the visualising strategy to draw characters from their descriptions. For this task we had to read the description of Willy Wonka and then draw what we thought he might look like. It was really fun to see our parents’ drawings as well!

Holly: Sharing with parents was really fun because all the parents got to see what we have been working on.

Murray: I liked having my mum and dad there because they could see all the work I have been doing.

Kieva: I liked it because I liked showing my mum the strategies that we use in class.

Here are some photos of or Sharing With Parents (see if you can spot yourself!):

ptdc0136 ptdc0133 ptdc0132 ptdc0131

One thought on “Sharing With Parents”