Largs Primary School

Welcome

Dear Parent/Carer,

On behalf of the staff at Largs Primary School, I would like to welcome you and your child to our school.  I hope you will feel welcome in the school and that your child will quickly feel that he or she belongs to our school community.

We hope that whilst your child is here he/she will

• feel valued
  • be treated fairly
  • discover and develop talents
  • learn many new things
  • be happy and successful

With your encouragement and support, help and co-operation, we will do our best to ensure that your child fulfils his/her potential and becomes a valuable member of the community.

No worry concerning your child is too small or unimportant to share with us; please contact us by telephone, or in writing, at any time and we will do everything possible to help.

We hope the following pages will give you a flavour of our school. Should any questions remain unanswered, we will be very happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Kirsty Carson

Head Teacher

Communities & Education Directorate

What we want to achieve

Our Overall Aim

Ensuring our children and young people experience the best start in life.

Our Priorities

• We will create the conditions for our children and young people to access the highest quality learning experiences from ages 3-18.
  • We will support our children and young people to become successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.
  • We will offer opportunities to our young people and their families to play a more active role in school life and encourage more participation in learning.
  • We will work with all young people to build their resilience, supporting their mental health and physical well-being.

It’s here the big day has finally arrived – I am so excited!! My new trainers arrived yesterday, I have been warming up since 7am and am raring to go.  Don’t forget to keep all the first place medals and certificates to one side until I arrive.  I’ll also be expecting lots of strawberries, apple juice and tuna sandwiches.  On your marks, get set …………………

Day 1 of our Health Week/Sports Day challenge!  Don’t forget if you’re looking for some ideas have a look at our Staff video https://youtu.be/ZqTbZ9WaaN4

The Term 4 Eco Newsletter is filled with Bee-autiful photos – have a look!🍯😊
 We miss our children and families very much so we’re sending you a special message.  It will make you smile!

Home Learning

Today’s challenge has been set by P3 teacher Miss McCready.

A Selfie in Isolation!      

We are currently living through a unique moment in history! We’re experiencing lockdown, home-schooling, coming together as a community and a whole new bunch of emotions too! Self-isolation and the situation we are in will have its ups and downs. Let’s give ourselves something to look back on by taking a ‘selfie in isolation!’. You can complete it as a family or on your own – it’s your choice! Stay safe. Stay together. Stay at home.

selfie in isolation

selfie in isolation (mine)

Don’t forget to enable editing

DAILY CHALLENGE

During her daily walk Miss Rawley saw some beautiful cherry blossom trees and thought that today you could get arty and produce your own picture of a blossom tree.  Use pens, pencils, paint or any media you like.  She looks forward to seeing lots of lovely pretty pink trees.

You won’t be surprised that Miss Turner has set you a musical challenge today. She’d like you to make a musical instrument using any items you can find around the house. It must be able to make at least TWO different pitched sounds. To take it even further, can you play a short piece of music on your instrument?

Our P2 teacher, Mrs Thomson, would like you to start the week with a smile. She’d like you to make a recording (audio or video) to send your class a message. This should include a joke to make them smile. These can be posted on Teams, blogs, email or Twitter.

Thank You to everyone who posted on the Digital Learning Blog last week– brilliant bloggers!!

I would like more posts this week – you can tell everyone about your Home Learning activities or simply use it like a Diary and tell us what you’ve been up to.  It has been great to read about your Easter holiday.

I’m also going to ask you to share some of the amazing examples of Digital Learning that you have been creating to me at gw14hollandtracy or post them on your class Team for me.  I have been very impressed with thePowerPoints, Word Documents and Sways that I have been sent.  I want everyone in our Largs Primary Family to see how brilliant you all are so get sharing!

Why don’t you Blog today’s Daily Challenge?

This is a lovely challenge set by Mrs Ewing. Until we are together again,we want you to have lots of positive thoughts, wishes …. and dreams. We miss you.
‪You have a science challenge today, set by Mrs Lavery. Click the link to watch the video and follow the instructions (don’t worry about needing glycerine). Happy bubble making! ‬
‪https://youtu.be/JjX4PKBt96k‬
Remember we are also asking for you to add a post to our Blog – see below.
Let’s get Blogging!

I have given all pupils and staff the chance to create posts on the Digital Learning Blog.  This means that we can all see what each other is thinking/doing even if we’re in different classes.  I thought we could start by adding a post about our Easter Holiday – I have also created a Glow Blog Help sheet which I will put under your files tab on Teams on also on the Website/Digital Learning Pages.  So what are you waiting for?  Head on over and join me on the Blog.

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/na/digitallearningatbrisbaneandkelburn/

GlowBlogHelpSheet

Miss Holland has set you a challenge today that’s for individuals AND classes.
Choose a letter of the alphabet
Find 10 things beginning with that letter
Take a ph

Achieving Excellence Together