Our Vision (as created and agreed by staff, parents and our partners)
‘To Get It Right for Every Child’
We are committed to providing our learners with a happy and high quality teaching and learning environment to develop their strengths, skills and talents to help them achieve the best that they can. We will work in partnership with parents and our partners to deliver a curriculum that enables our learners to reach their full potential and to be as functionally independent as possible. It is our aim to ensure that our pupils are fully included, accepted and where possible can contribute to the community in which they live and learn.
- Openness and Honesty
- High Professional Standards
- Commitment to Shared Goals
1. To promote successful learners by:-
Developing skills and independence within a variety of relevant, active and real contexts in small, progressive steps.
Developing language and communication.
2. To promote effective contributors by:-
Developing citizenship skills in all contexts.
Developing the use of problem solving skills.
Participating in enterprise, expressive arts, eco and health promoting activities.
3. To promote responsible citizens by:-
Encouraging appropriate social behaviour and awareness of others in all contexts within school and the wider community.
Making informed choices.
Developing awareness of the local community, Scotland and the wider world.
4. To promote confident individuals by:-
Encouraging participation in all activities.
Developing appropriate interaction with others in a wide variety of contexts and environments.
Developing leadership skills.
5. To plan professional development that enhances staff skills and effective learning and teaching approaches to meet the needs of our pupils.
6. To nurture an ethos of equal opportunities