Hello Mull Class

Gardening Job – sweeping

cooked pasta

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Wednesday morning in Mull class is a jass morning. As we are not able to get out and deliver any donations to the local food bank, why don’t you get outside and do some work in the garden. I have uploaded a sweeping job for the garden that the class regularly undertake in the school.

Wednesday afternoon is our Home Economics afternoon. This term we have been working on mixing and chopping skills. I have uploaded the pasta recipe that the class have been following each week.

By repeating the same recipe we become familiar with the words used in the recipe and the sequence of the instructions. This enables the pupils to anticipate the next step and develop their independence skills.

I usually cook off a couple of handfuls of pasta, for each pupil, and let it cool completely before we begin.

The boys could check out the calendar and select Wednesday to listen to the Wednesday song and the girls could do their sensory workout for Wednesday.

You could also read your book of the week.

And don’t forget about those functional and independence skills!

You could keep working on functional skills through a weekly chore and independence skill by organising and preparing own snacks.

Please remember that this is all completely optional and you can dip into the activities as it suits you!

Have a great Wednesday and keep safe and well.

Jennifer Moncrieff