Elderbank Primary Summer Term Blog

From the 23rd March 2020 all schools were closed due to the spread of the Corona Virus. Here at Elderbank we always look for the positives. We want to share what our Learners, families and staff have been doing during this time as we adjust to a new way of living.

Let’s share some of our work and photos to brighten up our days.

Send your photos and comments to

Mrs Bigham gw09bighamailsa@ea.n-ayrshire.sch.uk

Latest Additions…

A VE Day message from Elderbank staff

Freya has sent one of her toys on a zip line adventure. Click on the link to watch!

Freya Zip Slide Activity

Blair is an huge fan of Lego and Star Wars so he decided to make an animated film with his brother.

Blair’s Lego Star Wars animation

Sorry about the wonky rainbow! But the photo refused to stay the right way up😂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Ethan’s Easter activities

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

“I have been learning how to be a dog 🐕 groomer and dog walker .
I have bathed 🧼 brushed and walked Buddy our Bichone and Meeshka our Rottweiler puppy 🐶 she is only 1 and a half .
She eats LOADS and my Dad says she weighs 6 stones already .
She is a big softy . She plays football ⚽️ and swims in the river when we take her a walk .
Buddy is 6 he is very small but he’s the bossy boots of Meeshka ha ha They play fight and buddy nights her ankles .”

Exercise, pancake making and fantastic outdoor learning! Loving the big smiles too!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

As well as doing school work and having video meetings with my workmates, I have also been “teaching” my daughter how to play chess and bake. Every week we have been creating artwork to put on our windows to support the NHS but it is also to brighten the day of anyone walking past when they are out getting some exercise. It has made a few of the children and adults smile as they walk past. Can you see the giraffe we made!

Mrs Bigham

A pupil in P7 emailed me to tell me he was arranging all 46 of his Rubics cubes! 46!!!!!

Here are just a few of them.

Mrs Cook and her class have been busy this week. Great rainbows guys!  One pupil commented: “I really love your rainbow 😍 i have been busy doing work from my learning pack, jigsaws, i like doing PE on youtube every morning too.Yesterday we done some tie dye out the back door because it was very messy, i have sent you a picture of what i made missing you and school a lot.”

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Some children have been keeping busy making a Hungry Caterpillar, soapy bubbles to entertain the dog, chopping vegetables and even going on a BEAR HUNT!!!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

We have received these fab rainbow pictures. Great work and super advice!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This rainbow has been added to our collection. Sharing an important message, a super smile and lots of colour to brighten up our day.