We have received an update from SQA today. They have provided guidance for learners, parents, and carers here:
Main points summarised here to reassure you:
- SQA are extending the existing deadline for receiving these estimates to 29 May, from the original date of 24 April.
- Everyone at SQA is working to ensure that learners will receive their results no later than Tuesday 04 August, as originally planned.
- SQA have decided not to mark any course work as this is the fairest way to proceed since some had been submitted, some had not and given public health guidance, they are now unable to mark any work submitted.
- A free appeals service will be available, to ensure that schools and colleges continue to have a mechanism to question any result.
- SQA will provide detailed guidance to schools and colleges on how to determine and submit the required estimate information after Easter, and by 20 April 2020.
Therefore until then we will be unable to answer any detailed queries. This is all the information we have for now.
Patience is still the name of the game.