The Steering Group is the central component of a rights-respecting school. It aims to bring together all those with a stake in the school: students, staff and parents. Only by giving a voice to all can we make our school a rights-respecting school.
The Steering Group’s job is to provide direction on how we become a rights-respecting school, by making decisions on how to meet UNICEF’s RRS criteria.
At present the Steering Group consists of:
- Ellie Pearce- Pupil Forum and Scottish Youth Parliament member
- Jack Slinger- Pupil Forum member
- Sam Thomas- Pupil Forum member
- Oscar Connah- RRS member 2014/2015
- Matthew Angell- RRS member 2014/2015
- Mrs Rossiter- Health & Wellbeing Coordinator/Sports Coordinator/Study Support Coordinator
- Miss Stewart- FLAG Malawi
- Mr MacLeod- RRS teacher
- Sarah Butters
- Davina Curtis
If you are interested in the RRS programme and would like to join the Steering Group, then please contact the school and ask for Mr MacLeod.