May News Letter.

13 May 2016

Dear Parents,

This is an extremely difficult letter for me to write particularly at this time when we are saying farewell to Miss Smith.

I have just been appointed as Acting Head Teacher for the “new” school to be built on the south of Elgin. This is an incredible opportunity and I feel privileged to have been selected by the authority to lead on this. I am however aware that the timing could not be worse for Inveravon and I regret that.

This “acting” post is initially until October 2016 so I will remain the substantive head teacher of Inveravon and Knockando Primary Schools and will remain involved at some level until then. At that time I will have the option of returning to Inveravon and Knockando or applying for the new post on a permanent basis.

I am due to take up my new role as soon as possible and indeed the original start date was to be this week but it is recognised that my commitment to Inveravon must prevail until alternative arrangements can be made. This means that I will be taking the class at Inveravon next week and thereafter until arrangements are in place to release me. As a result my new role will initially be on an ad hoc basis.

The post of Acting Head Teacher for Inveravon and Knockando will be advertised this week and I will be involved in the interview and selection process for this.

The permanent post of Principal Teacher to replace Miss Smith has been advertised and interviews are due to take place on Monday May 30th. I will be interviewing and selecting the new PT along with Karen Lees my line manager.

This is a situation that I never imagined would happen and I am very aware that you as parents will have concerns. We will endeavour to minimise any changes to the children’s routines and learning experiences and Mrs Laing Mrs Reid and Mrs Duncan will carry on doing what they do so very well providing support to the children and will provide guidance to a new member of staff. I will also liaise closely with any new staff members to explain our own unique way of doing things here at Inveravon. Our way works well and has been recognised by the authority as excellent practice and there is an expectation that this will continue to be “The Inveravon Way.”