Our learning Term 2 Week

This is a few of the entries for the childrens weekly refections of their learning for the first week back at school.

Fraser P6

I was being a successful learner this week by setting myself a challenge when making a wildlife key with James. This was the first time doing this and we got a really good start. Mrs Lawson was very helpful with this and we needed a lot of discussion to start with so we knew how to lay things out.

I was being an effective contributor this week and building team strengths by helping Flora with her weekly reflections. I was able to expand her answers by asking why?

It made me feel happy being able to help others as I am able to share my learning with them.

Anna P5

In art we were making things for the wall like birds and bugs. I made a robin and I was being a effective contributor by finding solutions, as I had to find the colours I needed and match them for my robin.

In math’s this week I was doing position and movement. This is a new task but I found it easy. I would use this when someone is me giving directions. I now know my left from right as I use my hands as a tool to help.

Aaron P3

I was using the times tables dominos this week. It was fun. It really made me think and I had to concentrate. I want to learn my times tables.

I prefer to work in a group for math’s as it makes it easier and everyone can help each other.

I was making caterpillars which were made from pom poms and goggly eyes. I found making them a bit fiddly because you have to stick the hairy pom poms together.

After they were finished Miss Smith then put them on the wall for everyone to see. This was a fun task to do.

Kole P5

In art I was making a Barn Owl for the wall display in the classroom. I choose the owl as I like there eyes and they look cool. I was able to kept focused and finished the task and I enjoyed it.

On Thursday I was doing my reflections for the week. I find this easier by getting help. Mrs. Laing helped me by keeping me on task. I also found that my pukka pad comments helped and made it easier. I just need to work harder on remembering to write down everything in my pukka pad comment after each lesson.