Thursday 20th October 2016

img_4229 img_4225 img_4218 img_4226 img_4220 img_4214 img_4228 img_4212

A lot has happened in just over a week.  Most of the roofing sections for the main building have been lifted into place by the crane.  Meanwhile, the walls for the changing rooms are well underway in the PE block.  Excellent progress!  Also included in these photographs are the views from the Head Teacher’s office window.  What a change since March when the playing fields became a building site.  This was my final view from my office this afternoon before retirement.  Hugh McCulloch takes over as Head Teacher next week.  He has been heavily involved in the project and will see it through – including keeping this blog going.  I look forward to returning for the handover of the building in October 2016 and seeing the dreams of my 13 years at Elgin High School become a reality.  We didn’t make the original target of summer 2015, but it has been great working with folk from Balfour Beatty, Hubco and Moray Council and I am delighted that the pupils and staff of EHS will soon be able to enjoy modern, first class facilities that they so richly deserve.  Thank you!

Andy Simpson