AMP RECRUTING for MENTORS NOW
I am writing to you regarding the 2nd Artist Mentor Programme – AMP
The Moray Creative Learning Network members, made up of teachers and artists identified the need to ‘grow teachers and creative practitioners’ in Moray. The group conceived and developed the Artist Mentor Programme – AMP. The pilot programme was supported by Creative Scotland and Education Scotland and coordinated by Kresanna Aigner (Moray Art Centre).
AMP is training and practical experience, in facilitating workshops for art school graduates based in Moray. Each mentee is paired with a mentor, sourced from the Moray Creative Learning Network.
We have 7 art school graduates participating on the programme and we require 7 mentors of our creative practitioners and future facilitators.
THE ROLE OF THE MENTOR – mentoring benefits both the mentor and mentee
Mentors come in many shapes and sizes, sometimes they may not even be aware they are full filling a role – “a developmental relationship in which a more experienced person helps us a less experienced person”
- Meet with your mentee , a suggested 3 x 1 hour sessions, during the AMP programme i.e. Nov 2012 – June 2013. Partnerships also are encouraged to build and tailor the relationship to suit your own unique pairing. Support can be offered via email, on the phone etc…this will take shape as you build your relationship
- Three full group meetings 1/ at start of programme (Nov), 1 in middle (perhaps launch of exhibition) and one at end to asses AMP
- Attend the MCLN events….next one 6 Dec, and another 3 planned for 2013
- Mentors will receive a £150 contribution towards travel, phone costs.
- This is not a paid role. Mentoring is a contribution you make towards ‘growing teachers’.
Benefits of being a mentor
- enhances your professional life
- rewarding experience
- an opportunity to support a young artists professional growth
- develop and grow creative practitioners in Moray
- Create a legacy
- Increase self-esteem, self confidence and affirmation of professional competance
PLEASE CONTACT (DETAILS ON CONTACT US PAGES) ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MENTOR.
I look forward to hearing from you.