Greener Moray

Moray Art Centre

Greener Moray

Based upon a successful pilot project on ecology and creativity, Greener Moray was expanded as perfect vehicle to raise public awareness of global warming and climate change to outlying areas and groups not normally targeted.

A series of workshops allowed participants of groups to explore, understand and appreciate their environment and gave them innovative practical solutions to help them to make a long-term commitment to reduce their carbon footprints through a creative-arts focus.

Workshops in 4 areas of ecology (16 workshops total for all groups) over a 1-year period looked at Vegetarian, seasonal cooking, Allotment design, Home Energy Concept, Creating Useful Household Objects from Non-Recyclable waste.

The workshops provided a creative approach to ecology; included diverse creative themes that will raise people’s awareness of their environment, recycling and general reduction in energy use and CO2 and provide them skills and tools that will address and help alleviate climate change and global warming.

The workshops were designed and led, by Earthtime based in Elgin who specialise in fun, creative workshops. Over 500 people attended events throughout Moray.  One group leader said of a workshop “From the feedback I received I would say that the tips you gave for saving household fuel were very helpful and I will certainly be ‘recycling’ them at the groups in the autumn”