Home Learning – advice for parents…
- Children will not work like they do at school, so don’t expect your child to focus from 9am to 3pm everyday.
- Build in lots of breaks and make learning fun!
- Set aside a specific place in your home where your child can complete the Home Learning activities. This will create a sense of routine and help your child to focus.
- TV can be used as a positive learning activity – watch together and discuss what you have seen eg a documentary or Newsround.
- Make use of the Internet to research your class topic (check on the class newsletters).
- For your child’s health and well-being try and get some fresh air throughout the day….a wee run around the garden is perfect!
- Fun family time is so important…..board games, jigsaws, cards, baking, cooking, charades etc etc!
- Give your child responsibility for jobs/chores around the house eg making the beds, doing the dishes, setting the table etc etc!
Here are some examples of Home Learning activities…..please choose the activities your child would like to complete – there is no expectation to complete them all. Good luck!