As your child’s prime educator you already provide lots of learning opportunities for your children’s education. During this time continue to engage your children in all the experiences you already provide at home. We have also compiled a bank of suggested activities to help your child access the school curriculum. We hope you find these helpful!
- Work with numbers within 100
- Order, identify and write numbers
- What number comes before and after?
- Number bonds to 10
- Add 2/3 dice together
- Shuffle number cards within 10 and add/subtract to find the answer
- Give your child simple mental addition and subtraction sums e.g. 4+2, 7-3
- Continue to refer to the time at o’clock and half past times
- Continue to refer to the days of the week, months of the year and the date
Your child may enjoy episodes of Numberjacks on Youtube.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button (up to 10)
Continue to revise all of the sounds, phonemes and common words taught so far. Can they spot these in any of their story books?
Daily diary – Ask your child to write a sentence and draw a picture about each day. Encourage them to sound out their words and spell their common words. Please remind them to use a capital letter, finger spaces and a full stop. To challenge your child they could write 2/3 sentences.
Write out the letters of the alphabet. Identify the letters your child needs more practise with
Talk to your child each day about books they have read
Your child may enjoy episodes of Alphablocks on YouTube.