Where do we want to be?

What do you feel would help you deliver science more effectively in your class?

24 thoughts on “Where do we want to be?”

1. I would like to build up a bank of resources in science. I would like to be far more confident in finding materials for lessons and to know what materials are available within my school.

2. When I ask the kids they always say the thing they want to do in science is experiments where things happen quickly. I’m not sure where I can find materials even in my own school. I would like more resourced activities to use with my class.

3. Courses with practical lessons which I can then use with my class. Easy to follow, exciting and interesting lesson plans with key information pupils should be learning. Resources for teaching the lessons.

4. A clear path for skills development in science across the levels to ensure that previous learning is built on an developed.

5. I think we need to get the resources for teaching good quality Science lessons. The children are very keen to do big experiments (similar to Science lessons they have taken part in during transition events). There would also need to be a clear skills progression for each level to ensure knowledge, skills and understanding is being developed.

6. I’d like to become more confident in teaching science across all levels and be able to implement useful and exciting lessons to really get pupils thinking.

7. I want to up-skill myself in teaching science, particularly utilising resources on Glow and Twig. I want the children in my class to develop a sense of wonder about the world around them, and enjoy discovering ideas and information. I want Gaelic science resources to be readily available for the pupils in my class, and across Scotland.

8. I will be interested to try out new things with the support of the group and the science advisors. I already feel more confident by looking at the ideas in the book.

9. Sort out the resource situation, link up with secondary school on specific topics, ensure progression through the levels exists in knowledge bases, understanding, core skills development with some form of assessment, provide interesting, and engaging lessons.

10. I would like to gain more confidence in teaching Science as well as having time to explore all the resources available to support teaching Science across various stages.

11. I want to feel confident teaching science without having the dreaded feeling of ‘ I don’t have a clue what I am doing’ before I begin a block. Therefore I want to learn more about the resources and support to help me teach science in an active and meaningful way and make it fun for me and the children in my class.

12. I would like to explore all these great ideas with my class. To date I have been using TigTag which the children really enjoy but getting good ideas to get children more actively involved is great.

13. I have found the new science planners really helpful in approaching science within my class this year but having opportunities to explore materials and resources would be great.

14. I think we need to have access to the resources for teaching good quality Science lessons. I think its also important to have a clear progression for each level to ensure knowledge, skills and understanding is being developed.