Where are we now?

Post a comment below explaining how you feel about teaching science in your class…

23 thoughts on “Where are we now?”

1. I like the idea of teaching science and am not really worried about delivering lessons but I don’t think we have the resources to go wherever the children might decide and have therefore got to lead them down certain paths.

2. I feel quite de-skilled in delivering science lessons because science has been a RCCT subject for several years. I have good knowledge in certain subjects within science, such as electricity.

3. As a subject I find it interesting but do not feel particularly confident in teaching it. I opted out of science at high school (just before it became compulsory) so feel I have a real lack of knowledge in this area.

4. I enjoy learning new things with my pupils . The new science planners have made planning and progression a lot more straight forward.

5. I like teaching science and exploring the pupils ideas but have felt restricted as I have previously taught it during rcct and also there has been a lack of good resources in school.

6. I am not too confident about teaching Science as it as been taught during my RCCT. I think I would really enjoy doing practical experiments with my class based on the children’s own questions/curiosity.

7. Science has been taught as an RCCT subject in my class in the past. However, I feel that it is an area which I will really enjoy teaching. I know that the children in the class love science and will benefit for a greater science input this year.

8. I feel confident about teaching science and have a reasonable knowledge base. I enjoy exploring ideas and developing these through scientific enquiry.

9. I am not very confident teaching Science as this has been done during my RCCT but I’m looking forward to using lots of the ideas from today.

10. Science is not an area that I have taught recently as this has predominately been taught during RCCT but really looking forward to teaching it with the children. The ideas that we have heard about today have been fab!!! I have loved making babies and running up and down hills to capture worms!!!! I’m sure my P3’s will love this too!!!! Thank You Andrea for setting up the blog. It looks great !!!!

11. I taught science when covering classes during RCCT last year. This had made me slightly more confident in teaching science this year, however I feel that I need to learn more about science resources and materials available to help support me and the pupils in my class.

12. I enjoy learning new science topics with my class. The children love science although it can be difficult to manage at times with the size of my class.

13. Previously, I have enjoyed teaching science and felt confident in doing so. However, in more recent years this has been taught by RCCT which has left me feeling slightly less confident this year. I also feel that I am restricted to an extent, in teaching according to the pupils ideas due to restraints with resources etc.

14. I enjoy teaching science and carrying out investigations with my class but find gathering resources quite daunting. This blog will help with new skills, ideas and resource issues.

15. I am really interested in science and have always enjoyed carrying out experiments and discussions with the pupils. However science has been an RCCT subject for a number of years now and I have not had the opportunity to do this as often as I would like, so I now feel that I need to update my knowledge and skills which days like to day are helping me to do!

16. I have found new science planners very helpful with planning .
    Resources still have to be made for certain activities which can be time consuming at the moment. Children have enjoyed being outdoor for some activities.

17. Due to science being RCCT for such a long time in our school, the thought of teaching science again was a bit daunting. However after today’s workshops I am feeling a lot more confident and very inspired. The workshops were very well presented and the ideas were excellent. Making a baby was a particular highlight for me!!