Pupil Leadership

There are various leadership opportunities for pupils across the school through our student council, S6 leadership and committee programme, sports and music leader programme and by supporting other students in and out of class.

We are pleased to introduce our Head Boy and Head Girl to you.  Ross and Olivia give a little insight to their role and life as a pupil at Clydeview Academy below.

My name is Ross  and I am so proud to be the Head Boy at Clydeview Academy for the 2018-2019 session. Clydeview Academy has provided me with many different experiences during the past five years and now, as Head Boy, I now have additional unique opportunities.

My time at Clydeview Academy has helped me grow and develop as a person. The school provides a sociable environment where it is possible to make many new friends, while participating in a wide variety of lunchtime and after school clubs. In addition, another feature that has makes my time at Clydeview Academy very special is the provision of a supportive learning environment, with a wide range of subjects offered. This has allowed my peers and I to pursue our specific interests.

The role of Head Boy is providing me with a very interesting final year, while representing the school at many special events, being a suitable role model and becoming heavily involved within the school.  This offers me an opportunity to give back to the school, which has supported me through my teens. The position of Head Boy assists my development, through managing various responsibilities and duties, as well as enhancing my public speaking skills.

My name is Olivia Steele, and this year I am pleased to be undertaking the role of Head Girl at Clydeview Academy in session 2018-19.  It’s such a privilege having the opportunity to give back to the school that has shaped who I am as a person, and provided me with extensive support during my time in secondary school. The role has allowed me to develop my leadership skills and helped to build my confidence in speaking and communicating my thoughts and ideas, and helping others to express theirs.

Although a seemingly daunting task from the outset, the role of head girl has allowed me to immerse myself in the school community and communicate with all students, from first to sixth year to make sure every pupil has the best experience they possibly can. When I was younger, I remember looking at the head boy and girl as a massive inspiration. They were people who I could speak to about things that they had recently experienced, and as head girl I feel I have a unique position in being able to relate to many of the concerns students have.

Clydeview is a place that I have learned so much from as there are endless new things to try. From clubs to competitions, MVP mentor schemes to depute roles, fundraising to charity events. Its amazing to see the amount of effort staff and students alike put in to make sure the school runs smoothly and focuses on our core values of Respect, Friendship, Equality and Success. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be part of the success of the school and all of its achievements.