- The purpose of the assignment is to assess practical application of knowledge and skills from the units to plan, implement and evaluate a creative production using music technology.
- A creative production in any appropriate context, such as (but not limited to) live performance, radio broadcast, composing and sound design for film, TV themes, adverts and computer gaming.
- Marks are awarded for: Planning the production, implementing the production and evaluating the production.
- The purpose of the question paper is to assess breadth of knowledge from across the units, depth of understanding, and application of this knowledge, understanding and listening skills to answer appropriately challenging questions.
- Assesses knowledge and understanding of 20th and 21st century musical styles and genres, music concepts and aspects of music technology.
- The paper consists of questions in response to music excerpts in a range of 20th and 21st century styles and genres. A range of question types is used, assessing understanding of relevant music and technological concepts.