Welcome to the Clydeview Academy website – we are delighted to introduce our new website.
Clydeview Academy opened in August 2011 and was formed by the amalgamation of Gourock High and Greenock Academy.
We are very very proud of our school values – Success, Friendship, Equality and Respect. Our values were chosen in consultation with students and staff. There are many opportunities for students to develop skills for learning, life and work in the classroom and in many of the extra-curricular activities available. Please do not hesitate to contact the school on 01475 715050 should you require any further information that is not available on the website.
We take great pride in the successes of our students and staff and Education Scotland found the following the key strengths during our inspection in February 2015.
- The welcoming, inclusive environment created by staff and articulate, polite young people.
- Young people’s enthusiasm for music and the impact this has on the ethos of the school.
- Approaches to engage parents in improving young people’s learning.
- The well-co-ordinated approaches involving staff and partners working together to improve outcomes for young people who require additional support.
- Consistently high levels of attainment from S4 to S6.
- The strong leadership for learning and management of change provided by the headteacher.
We hope you find this website helpful in supporting your child.