Please click on the link below for next years college courses.
UPDATE MONDAY 20 APRIL 2020
Please click on link below for an update from Education Scotland and the Scottish Government re home learning.
UPDATE WEDNESDAY 8 APRIL 2020
Please click on the link below to view a copy of the SQA letter issued to all parents and carers this week by the Head of Education, Michael Roach.
UPDATE FRIDAY 27 MARCH
Please click on the links below to access educational websites which have been recommended by teaching staff for students to use at home.
UPDATE MONDAY 23 MARCH
Please note that due to new advice from the Scottish Executive, no S4-S6 students are to come into school to complete units or coursework. This updates information in the e-mail sent to parents last Friday.
More information about alternative arrangements will be announced as soon as possible and students should check Twitter, Glow Teams and/or this website for more details in the coming days.
Welcome to the Clydeview Academy website – we are delighted to introduce our new website.
Clydeview Academy opened in August 2011 and was formed by the amalgamation of Gourock High and Greenock Academy.
We are very very proud of our school values – Success, Friendship, Equality and Respect. Our values were chosen in consultation with students and staff. There are many opportunities for students to develop skills for learning, life and work in the classroom and in many of the extra-curricular activities available. Please do not hesitate to contact the school on 01475 715050 should you require any further information that is not available on the website.
We take great pride in the successes of our students and staff and Education Scotland found the following the key strengths during our inspection in February 2015.
- The welcoming, inclusive environment created by staff and articulate, polite young people.
- Young people’s enthusiasm for music and the impact this has on the ethos of the school.
- Approaches to engage parents in improving young people’s learning.
- The well-co-ordinated approaches involving staff and partners working together to improve outcomes for young people who require additional support.
- Consistently high levels of attainment from S4 to S6.
- The strong leadership for learning and management of change provided by the headteacher.
We hope you find this website helpful in supporting your child.