The role of our Family Support Worker Jacqui Jack is to support parents, children and families in the nursery and wider community.
Supports offered include:
- visiting the children at home before they start nursery
- Supporting parents of children with additional support needs
- Offering counselling
- Supporting parents in personal difficulties
- Offering support for parents in managing children’s behaviour
- Accompanying parents to appointments e.g. doctor, hospital, social work meetings
- Helping parents develop skills to support their child’s learning. As well as offering individual support to families.
Jacqui can help access courses in a variety of subjects in conjunction with West College and local Community Resource Centres.