Student Media Team

Our goal is to keep all parents and carers updated on school news.Student Media Team

The Student Media Team are responsible for writing the school newspaper, creating exciting blog posts, updating our class twitter and taking pictures of the learning going on around the school.

There are 16 primary 7 journalists in the Student Media Team. There are two of us responsible for each class and we have been tasked with interviewing the pupils and class teacher to gather information and snapshots of learning each term. The team will visit their classes regularly, finding out about recent successes and classroom highlights so that each term the classes receive great newspapers to share with friends and family.

Each pair of primary 7’s will release a unique and creative newspaper each term, meaning every piece of work will be different and exciting. In addition to class news stories, the newspapers will include a ‘Success’ column highlighting to the reader what the pupils are proud of both in and out of school. Everyone loves the birthday shout outs, so we plan to continue with this. Last year, P7 designed the logo for our newspaper which is called the ‘Gourock Gossip’

gourock_gossip_small

Please feel free check out

and

Thank you for reading!

Molly, Emily and Orla

4 thoughts on “Student Media Team”

1. I really enjoyed this blog post it is very good with spelling and the quality of the layout and its explanation of what the page is all about.

2. I agree with Benjamin and think that this blog post is brill.
    I love being in the student media team because it is great fun and allows me to develop my literacy skills. I also enjoy being in charge of p6’s newspaper.

3. I love being part of the student media team, I like working as a two with Matthew to complete the class newspaper for p4/5. My favourite part of being in the student media team is getting to work with my friends and write blog posts.

4. I really enjoy interviewing p3/4 for the class newspaper they’ve even already been on a school trip and I heard all about that it sounded really fun . I love p3/4 for their intelligent and fun to work with. Keep up the good work.