A Picture Of Learning In Primary Six

Primary six is full of opportunities. What I like about primary six is there is a new sport or activity opening up every week such as:

•  After school skiing – we have been visiting Bearsden for some lessons up on the slopes with Primary 7.
  • Our athletics team who  made it through into the finals.
  • Cross country over at Tower Hill.
  • Ardentinny
  • After school basketball.

The person to thank for most of it , is our teacher Mrs Falconer. She participates in things like skiing and Ardentinny and I know everyone is very thankful for the time she gives up to join in with us.

Right now we are focusing on the European Union. Everyone has a set country to research. For instance, my country is Spain so my team need to create a wall display, TV show and a fact file.

We learn up to our full potential in every lesson and have fun without fail. My favourite thing is probably our Group Responsibilities, we each have a special responsibility including;

• PPR: promoting positive relationships team who are in charge of our schools equipment and playground pals.
  • Fit for life team who are in charge of our running around Europe program and keeping us fit.
  • GIRFEC group who are in charge of the schools health and wellbeing and make sure everyone is SHANARRI. Currently they are working on a game board for the school to learn more about GIRFEC.
  • Global citizens who sell the Malawian farmers rice for £3 and have completed 4 90kg rice challenges.
  • Journalists  who type out our newsletter blog posts.

We all have carried out our duties well and I hope we will be successful in the future.

By Orla Mcallister P6