Puns

Can’t believe holidays are over. Everyone is back and ready to work hard this term.

Today we were looking at β€œpuns ” in preparation for our writing tomorrow. For homework we would like you to write a pun about what you would like to be when you grow up like the ones we looked at in class. Remember a pun is the use of a word or words that either have multiple meanings or sound like other words, the result of which is humorous.

eg When I grow up I want to be a doctor, but I might not have the patients!!!

17 thoughts on “Puns”

1. When I am older I want to be a race car driver bu I am scared it will be to accelerating.

I don’t actually I really want to be an engineer.

See you all tomorrow!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ 8D πŸ™‚

2. when I’m older I want to be a farmer but I don’t think I’ll dig it.
    When I’m older I want to be a chef but I might be to cheesy.
    When I’m older I want to be a ballerina but I just don’t see the pointe.

3. when I grow up I want to be a cook but I might not have the thyme. But I would also like to work in a music shop but my mind might not be tuned into that ! I might want to work in a bakery but I donut think that would be a good idea.
    I would love to work as a pilot but I would always have my head in the clouds.

4. My job at the concrete plant seems to get harder and harder.

I really do have a photographic memory — I just haven’t developed it yet.

Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

5. when i grow up i want to work in a orange juice factory but I quit because i couldnt concentrate