Highlights from Week 9

We’ve had super fun this week with World Book Day being an especially favourite event. We spent the day in pyjamas and did lots of book related activities. Our Book Day Bunting is hanging up encouraging everyone to pick up a book and enjoy a great read.

The Rubies reading group are reading “Toro Toro!” by Michael Morpurgo. The main character, Antonito, sadly discovers his family, friends, home and village have been killed and destroyed by fighting in the Spanish Civil War. We wrote poems to express Antonito’s feelings at his loss.

The grief is infinite

My family are no more

The sound of gunfire echoes in my ears

The fire is everburning in my mind

And my dear bull gone.

I ride the hills on my horse with no hope of survival.   (Angus)

As the inferno burns my hope

My hands flood with tears

The shooting, the murder, the grief.

I ride my horse to my death and only eat raw food

To see the sky filled with smoke.    (Griffin)

I feel like I’m in a box with no-one to talk to

I feel alone like I have been ripped apart.

My house burned down

My family gone

I will never say never again          (Amy)

We took in Fairtrade wrappers for Fairtrade Friday.  “Fairtrade Fortnight” finishes on Sunday 10 March. Well done to everyone who supported  farmers worldwide by buying Fairtrade.

Our entries for the JDP Four Seasons Art Competition are coming together well after a very, very messy art session! Results are creative and  show variety. We enjoyed writing our entries for the Bookfair Character competition too.

Excellent effort again Pr 5. It was good to have so many of you along to discuss your progress with your parents. We’re all proud of how well you’re working.

One thought on “Highlights from Week 9”

1. World Book Day was extremely fun. I like how you’ve done a ‘highlights’ blog post!

Mr.C