Inverness City Walk 4

Our final city walk was to VisitScotland Tourist Office and to Zizzi’s Restaurant! We took the same route to the city centre as for Walk 3 and walked so smartly we had time to visit Will’s Dad in his wonderful Aladdin’s cave of a shop on Castle Street. He told us about the customers he had from all over the world who came to Inverness to take part in the traditional sports of fishing and hunting and how important they were to the economy of Inverness.

Then we went to VisitScotland where Jen took very good care of us. She explained what services her office offered tourists and presented us with information packs for each group. We also received a huge poster promoting the film Brave which Mrs Martin-Hodgson had put our class into a draw to win!

When we had a good look around the tourist office we walked to Zizzi’s which was just across the road. There Chrissie looked after us very well. She seated us, explained how a restaurant is run, demonstrated to us how the pizzas are prepared then served us olives, pizzas, calamari and ice-cream! Zizzi’s has a great view across the River Ness and up to Inverness Castle.

As we waited for our food we watched soldiers from the 1st Battalion Scots Guard marching past. We had a great morning and we discovered the walk back along the riverside is a quicker route to town than walking via Drummond Road and Culduthel Road. Now we are looking forward to interviewing some local people to find out what they think of the city’s facilities.

A big thank you to all the parents who accompanied us on our walks. We could not have done it without you!

Mrs M-H

4 thoughts on “Inverness City Walk 4”

1. Zizzi – That is one of my favourite restaurants! You really did find out what Inverness had to offer P4! This is excellent!!!

Mr.Cook

2. I loved zizzi’s it was great fun I didn’t know if I liked the squid but I tried it and its delicious . The tourist office was fun because we got a massive brave poster it was great!

3. I really enjoyed learning how to make pizzas.The pizzas and the ice-cream were delicious!