Inverness City Walk 3

On Thursday, 23rd May, P4 ventured out again taking a different route to Inverness city centre. This week we visited the Town House and Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. Our guide at the Town House was Gary who was very helpful and knowledgeable about the place and what goes on there. We visited the Chamber, theĀ Main Hall and a Committee room. There are lots of huge paintings, flags, stained glass windows, busts of former provostsĀ and gifts from other countries displayed around the Town House. We also got to try on councillor robes!

At the Museum and Art Gallery each group had a different section of a workbook to complete. We enjoyed seeing the Egyptian Exhibition where a real mummy was on display!

7 thoughts on “Inverness City Walk 3”

1. Your city walks look fantastic P4! This is an excellent way to find out information about Inverness. I love the robes you’re wearing at the town house!

2. Looks like you had a lovely day out! I think the pictures of you wearing the councillor robes are brilliant. Its great that you are finding out loads of things about Inverness…I haven’t visited any of these places either!

Miss Shimmield

3. It was cool trying on the special cloak and when I first saw the Provist’s Chain I new it would cost expensive!

4. It was great fun at the town huse and at the museum and art gallery I am going to ask my parents to take me one day!